How to log a service repair request from South Africa? — TomTom Community

How to log a service repair request from South Africa?

Saf_1Saf_1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi, I recently purchased my 2nd Tom Tom Runner watch in South Africa however the watch has a very fragile face and after falling off the dressing table, the glass cracked.

How does one log a service request from Cape Town, South Africa?

There are no contact details via e-mail address or telephone to be found on this website.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,729
    Superusers
    TomTom does not offer a repair service, they will replace the device, for free if it is under warranty (assuming the damage is not broken glass or other user caused damage so yours is not a valid warranty claim, like it or not) or for a fee otherwise. You need to contact Support to get the process started and find out what your options are. To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat (there is no longer phone support available for watches).

I would take care with your buying decision considering TomTom left the wearables business a year ago and is just selling out their inventory. All production and development has stopped and there will be no new features or changes to the existing features in the future. If you are able, you may want to consider returning the device and going with another brand that is active in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Saf_1Saf_1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the response @tfarabaugh

I should’ve have stuck with a Garmin ?