Bandit Mounts - unable to get a straight answer from Customer services!!!! — TomTom Community

Bandit Mounts - unable to get a straight answer from Customer services!!!!

katanajimkatanajim Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
So I have a bandit camera (6 months old) that i wear on my crash helmet when riding my motorcycle and i love it BUT - it's time for me to replace my crash helmet so i want to buy a new curved surface mount so i can use my camera on my new helmet. (not interested in using the gopro mount as it moves the camera too far away from the side of the helmet).

TomTom have been out of stock (but with the product page showing) for at least 2 months on the tomtom website and now when i look today not even the product page for surface mounts is showing!

I did a live chat with their CS who told me they have no way of contacting the product team / marketing team to even discover whether there are any plans to restock the mounts??!!!

so does anyone on the forum have any bright ideas? Amazon are out of stock and the MANUFACTURER can't even tell me if they plan to restock!

what do i do? throw my bandit in the bin and go and buy a goPro?

Are TomTom killing the bandit? amI naive in thinking that a manufacturer would continue to offer consumables / mounts for a live product?

C'mon TomTom - can i have a straight answer please??

Very frustrating

Comments

• TheStocky1TheStocky1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    You can get the pack of adhesive mounts on Amazon, you get 2curved and 2 flat In the pack for about £15.
  • katanajimkatanajim Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    TheStocky1 wrote:
    You can get the pack of adhesive mounts on Amazon, you get 2curved and 2 flat In the pack for about £15.

Out of stock :(
  • MrMMrM Posts: 157 [Revered Navigator]
    katanajim wrote:

Are TomTom killing the bandit? ...

Yes, they have announced this about a year ago ....
    Google on TomTom Bandit and you will find many stores who still sell consumables. At least here in the Netherlands.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    Hi katanajim,

Sorry to hear about your experience! I've sent a head-up to the support about this and someone will get in touch with you to assist further.

Regards, lampard
  • Batesy66Batesy66 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I can see this is an old post but I was hoping for an answer to this. I bought a bandit secondhand and I have to say I’m very impressed but it didn’t come with any mounts. I have been hunting high and low for a curved mount for my motorcycle helmet but can’t locate one anywhere. It is very frustrating and disappointing to think something like the availability of basic things like mounts lets the camera down.
    Is there any news on when they are expected to become available or could anyone direct me to a place where I could buy one.

Thanks
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,732
    Superusers
    Batesy66 wrote: »
    I can see this is an old post but I was hoping for an answer to this. I bought a bandit secondhand and I have to say I’m very impressed but it didn’t come with any mounts. I have been hunting high and low for a curved mount for my motorcycle helmet but can’t locate one anywhere. It is very frustrating and disappointing to think something like the availability of basic things like mounts lets the camera down.
    Is there any news on when they are expected to become available or could anyone direct me to a place where I could buy one.

Thanks

They are not going to become available. That product was discontinued several years ago and TT Sports (the Division that produced it) went out of business altogether 18 months ago, ceasing all production and development of all products. You only option is to try and find them on the second hand market.
  • Batesy66Batesy66 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for the response it is appreciated. I guess there is no way now of viewing my rides out on a map either. Makes you wonder what the GPS function was for which is disappointing for a sat nav company. I had a contour which was brilliant and they have gone out of business too I’m lead to believe..........story of my life!!!