TomTom GO Camper

I have just purchased a TomTom Go Camper and I am just in the process of having refillable gas bottles fitted to my motorhome. My question is 'Can i import OV2 files showing filling stations selling Autogas and how please?'
Regards
Pat Jackson

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 13,199 Superusers
    Hi
    @Pat_Jackson

POIs are installed using the MyDrive Web Route planner...
    Here...https://mydrive.tomtom.com

[h3]How to import POIs, GPX files and Favourites in MyDrive[/h3]See Tomtom Video...https://youtu.be/gy4EEelMb0Y

[h3]Displaying Personal POIs on the Driving/Planning View Maps[/h3]Be aware... You can't install the POI associated .BMP files
    You can only use the Tomtom supplied generic Icons
    But you can use one icon for for more than one POI category i.e... place all your fuel categories under one Icon, then if you tap on a nearby 'say' Fuel Icon a Quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot Icon for more options & more Information

[h3]Setup... After installing your Personal or 3rd party POIs....[/h3]Tap 4Dot (....Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Show POI lists on the Map
    It says a restart is required, but I've never found it to be necessary
    After choosing the Generic Icon.. Tap the coloured (^) Icon screen top right... Pinch zoom the Map, the Generic POI Icons all appear live and working
    Note... The Generic POI Icons disappear when the Map is highly zoomed out, and reappear as you zoom in again

See Update 17.1...https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-wi-fi-6200-5200-620-520-52-professional-via-53-482/new-software-17-1-available-now-1021781/index1.html#post1161180

ATB YFM
  • Pat_JacksonPat_Jackson Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    Tthanks very much, I will try when it's finished updating!
    Cbeers!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 318 Superuser
    Hi @Pat_Jackson

You do not have to wait for the update if you are doing the updating as recommended with the GO Camper Wifi connection.

You can go onto your computer and open the Tomtom Mydrive webpage and log into your account, all as well described by @YamFazMan, and load your POI files. When your GO Camper has updated itself it will connect, provided you have given it your account login details during setup, to the Tomtom servers via the inbuilt Sim and should then load any Poi files and Routes you have loaded on the My Drive webpage onto your GO Camper automatically.

In effect your Loading the POI files via the Webpage means that if fo any reason you had to Reset your GO Camper to original settings when you have reset it up and it logs into your TT account it will restore the POI files back onto the unit automatically.

Doug
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    @Pat_Jackson

POIs are installed using the MyDrive Web Route planner...Here...https://mydrive.tomtom.com
    [h3]How to import POIs, GPX files and Favourites in MyDrive[/h3]See Tomtom Video...https://youtu.be/gy4EEelMb0Y
    [h3]Displaying Personal POIs on the Driving/Planning View Maps[/h3]Be aware... You can't install the POI associated .BMP files
    You can only use the Tomtom supplied generic Icons
    But you can use one icon for for more than one POI category i.e... place all your fuel categories under one Icon, then if you tap on a nearby 'say' Fuel Icon a Quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot Icon for more options & more Information

[h3]Setup... After installing your Personal or 3rd party POIs....[/h3]Tap 4Dot (....Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Show POI lists on the Map
    It says a restart is required, but I've never found it to be necessary
    After choosing the Generic Icon.. Tap the coloured (^) Icon screen top right... Pinch zoom the Map, the Generic POI Icons all appear live and working
    Note... The Generic POI Icons disappear when the Map is highly zoomed out, and reappear as you zoom in again

See Update 17.1...https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-wi-fi-6200-5200-620-520-52-professional-via-53-482/new-software-17-1-available-now-1021781/index1.html#post1161180
    ATB YFM
    Thanks for the information, done it now. A pity that you can't import the icon, a small price to pay!
    It was the mydrive app, the option to add a POI file never came up, either on my phone or tablet, only when I searched and loaded mydrive.tomtom.com did it come up
    Thanks again!
    Pat
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 13,199 Superusers
    Hi
    @Pat_Jackson

Mabe useful....
    You can show the individual POIs of a POI category on the search screen as a list
    You can search for an individual POI within a POI category during a search
    You can show the individual POIs of a POI category on the search screen Map

For example... I have loaded the 3rd party POI's for the National Trust... To show the POI's for "National Trust" on the map, work your way down to option (2)

From the main screen
    Tap (....)4Dot Icon (Screen Bottom left)
    Swipe left or Tap the mid/right edge of the screen to go to and tap the MyPlaces Icon
    Scroll down and select the required POI Category For example "National Trust"
    You now have three options
    The Main search area turns blue and "National Trust" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type dud(maston) (Or as much of the word that's required for Dudmaston Hall appear at the top of the National trust list
    Tap on Dudmaston Hall and select the Drive Icon

You also have two further options.....
    After the initial "National Trust" POI selection
    There's a dual Icon (screen bottom right) with Three Lines and Two circles

(1)..... Tap the three Lines Icon (bottom right screen) and a scrollable list will appear of the "National Trust" sites in distance order

(2)...... Tap the Two circle Icon for the "National Trust" sites POI's to appear on the screen (Pinch zoom for detail) (Note..... On the Start range its easier to tap the plus and minus buttons to zoom the map screen)
    as far as I'm aware it will show the nearest 60ish POI's around your location

There is also a Keyboard Icon (screen bottom right) to return to the search window from the options (1) and (2)

The POI Icons are generic and dynamic the Icons change with the zoom level
    If your searching for a 3RD party POI Category say a "Burger King" restaurant, the displayed generic Icons will all be for "Burger King" so using the present system you don't need the "Burger King" Logo

You can of course tap one of the generic Icons to open a quick menu
    With the name of the POI... The option to Drive there
    Plus a 3Dot Quick Menu Icon with further options

ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 318 Superuser
    Hi @Pat_Jackson

On the GO Camper there are some pre loaded Camping related POI files and they have their own POI icon which you can set to be shown on the map.

Regarding any 3rd Party POI files you load you can only allocate one of the coloured Icons available. What you could do is try and collate similar Poi files and allocate them the same colour Icon. So for example if you have more than one POI file covering Supermarkets, ie Tesco, Sainsburys etc, then allocate them all the same colour icon. Then when they are shown on the map you click on the icon to find out which Supermarket a particular icon represents.

Doug