music is intermittent only when activity is running

sweetman70sweetman70 Posts: 30 [Outstanding Explorer]
Hello all,
I've already read everything about music dropout here.
I connect succesfully my SBS earphones to my cardio+music spark watch and music plays fine. Even when I put the watch 10 meters away from me, the music sounds good (no intermittence).
But when I start the activity (usually running with GPS) the music begins to be intermittent. It's impossible to listen to the music without getting crazy.
I've tried everything (disconnect the earphones from the phone, connect the watch and then the phone, etc...etc...) but the result is the same.
I'm pretty sure that buying a new pair of earphones will not solve the problem.
What else can I do?
TIA
tony

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,725 Superusers
    Reception issues are generally from the watch not being on the same side of the body as the headphone antenna. With the headphones with the controls on the right, the watch needs to be on the right. On the ones on the left, the watch needs to be on the left and the control pod needs to hang a bit loose, don't have the neck strap cinched up tight. The watch has a small power supply, so it transmits a weaker signal than a phone or tablet, so it is very sensitive to position. It really needs to be on the same side of the body as the antenna, so your body doesn't block the signal. There are numerous factors that affect playback quality: the placement of the antenna in the headphones, the strength of the antenna, the strength of the signal produced by the watch (which is limited by transmission standards), the environment it is used in (which determines how much signal is lost versus bounced back to the headphones), battery strength of the headphones, etc. You also need to look at how many layers you are wearing. If you have multiple layers of clothes on it will also block the signal. The only thing a user can really impact is the location of the watch relative to the antenna headphone and how much layers they are wearing.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.