New map isn't new

XXL Classic, just purchased a new map, and it doesn't have newer roads near me that are around 3-5 years old.

Are my pants being pulled down here on "new maps"?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 32,988 Superusers
    I'm surprised you were able to purchase any map since that model is considered End of Life by Tomtom meaning no map updates.

The latest map is 1015 with 1020 due within a couple of weeks. See here to determine what version you have:

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12214/locale/en_gb
  • tonyservicestonyservices Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    dhn, surprised you say?

I paid £35 for a new UK map and it is the old one...

They no longer support this model?

Can anyone direct me to where I can get my money back please?
    dhn wrote:
    I'm surprised you were able to purchase any map since that model is considered End of Life by Tomtom meaning no map updates.

The latest map is 1015 with 1020 due within a couple of weeks. See here to determine what version you have:

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12214/locale/en_gb
    My version is showing as 9.54...!
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 0 [Exalted Navigator]
    dhn wrote:
    Devices with serial number "GX" and "RZ" are not at their End of Life.

Support
    06ab926f-7c5c-4d57-bc61-20f4e6804cab.jpg
    EthoZ wrote:
    dhn wrote:
    Devices with serial number "GX" and "RZ" are not at their End of Life.

Support06ab926f-7c5c-4d57-bc61-20f4e6804cab.jpg
    Thanks EthoZ, I will call them tomorrow.

Meanwhile, my device is showing as having the western europe map v920.5271, but my account is showing as UK and Ireland, active.

I did the connect and swap/update on my computer, but it doesn't appear to have worked, now I can't find any option to put the new map on my device.

It did a back up before removing files, then spent ages doing something else, then told me we were done. We most definitely are not, and it is very frustrating.

if anyone can help me out, that would be great. I will speak to customer service if I can't sort this out myself, but just know I am in for a massive wait queueing to get connected...