How to change directions to notifications? — TomTom Community

How to change directions to notifications?

Jay-1986Jay-1986 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Good day,

while driving I am listening to audio content (podcasts etc.) therefore I want minimal disturbance from navigation app. I want to change all direction commands to a notification sound.

Let me explain in more detail:
lets say, when I am passing a speed camera, an app makes a notification which sounds like "bing". When I am approaching a cross section, an app makes a direction command "turn right". Now, what I want to do is to only get a notification sound "bing" when coming closer to the cross section, instead of "turn right" voice command. Instead of "turn left" I want to hear "bing" as well.

I want to only hear "bing" instead of any directions instructions, and then I would follow the route on the screen.

I don't think this option exists in settings as a standard function. Can any workaround be used? I was hoping replace all command sound files with the sound file of "bing", but I can't see any plain audio files like .ogg or .wav , it seems like this audio data is stored somewhere in system files.

I am using TomTom GO Mobile GPS Navigation (newest version, it updates automatically) on my Samsung S9 (also, latest firmware updated automatically).

How could I solve it?

Many thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Jay-1986Jay-1986 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    SOlved it!

I have downloaded the recorded voice, found the .chk file, and then there is an instruction how to get .ogg files from it. I have replaced unecessary files with 100 ms of silence, and files which are needed (like "Turn right") with notification sound. Tested it, works perfectly. Thank you again!
  • adlammompadlammomp Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Well done!

Please explain this instruction to get .ogg files. I do not find it in my .chk file
  • adlammompadlammomp Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Thank you. Google is my friend