Route planning on Rider 550 — TomTom Community

Route planning on Rider 550

Powerful PierrePowerful Pierre Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 30 in RIDER
I bought a rider 550 yesterday having been assured that I could plan & save routes with multiple waypoints on the unit itself similar to my old satnav which has IGO software - having now explored the 550 I can see no facility to do this other than planning a route on a different device and then transferring to the unit. This is no good for me if that is the only option - have I been mis-sold?

Comments

• Powerful PierrePowerful Pierre Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    OK I've found out how to do it - not straightforward is it!

IGO is better as you can do the whole route on the map screen - set a destination, bring up the map then add via points on the touch screen to adjust the route to your preference - easy-peasy, no going back through the menu to add 'stops' etc as on the Tomtom. Graphics are better on IGO too, time will tell but I'm starting to think I've made a bad impulsive purchase!
  • AndersNordhAndersNordh Posts: 260 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    IGO is better as you can do the whole route on the map screen - set a destination, bring up the map then add via points on the touch screen to adjust the route to your preference - easy-peasy, ...

Hi, good morning.

Well, exactly what you describe for IGO is what I normally do with my 550 ... I first set a destination and then just push on the map to create via points. If the 550 then add the via points in an order you dont like, just choose to re-arrange them. As you said, easy-peasy ... ;-)

Have a nice day,
    Anders

• Powerful PierrePowerful Pierre Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Anders,

Thanks very much for the response.

I need to investigate further then but at the moment touching the screen to introduce a waypoint isn't working on my unit, instead I have to go back into the menu and do each waypoint independently as a 'stop' point.

Its good to learn that it can be done but now I need to understand why touching the screen to introduce a waypoint for me has no effect.

Regards,

Peter
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,976 Superusers
    Hi
    @Powerful Pierre

Using the 2D North-up overview Map... Zoom into the required location
    Long Tap (Tap and hold for +1 second)... A quick menu opens --> Tap the Blue (Drive) Icon or Tap the 3Dot icon to choose other options
    Note... A 'Short Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen or a planned route will give different menu options

If you use Stops as a route modifiers you can Long Tap (Tap and hold for +1 Second) On the required Map location... Tap on the 3Dot Icon... Add to Current Route

To add Stops to the current route you can Short Tap any where on a planned route Tap on the 3Dot Icon... Add Stop to Route

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'