TomTom VIA 52 automatically swtichs on Driving Instructions — TomTom Community

TomTom VIA 52 automatically swtichs on Driving Instructions

Hi,

I have a problem with my new TomTom VIA 52. Usually, when I plan a route, the GPS will initially display the route in the "Map-view mode" as in the picture below, which is my desired display mode:
e4b84d37-7f7b-4a7f-9078-03b18d96b768.jpg
However, as soon as the car start moving, the GPS will automatically switch to the "Instruction-view mode", where the map is dimmed with the written driving instructions over it. Please see the picture below for illustration:
0fb92a8a-9279-45ae-9675-697e12d7cc1c.jpg
I can manually reset the GPS back to "Map-view mode", but as soon as the car start moving, the stupid GPS will automatically switch back to "Instruction-view mode", and there is nothing I can do to prevent that. I have tried all possible settings and read through the manual, but cannot find a solution to this matter.

Now, when I drive, especially at high speed, there is no way I can read the lengthy driving instructions. I only need a glance or two at the map to see when and where to turn, etc. and this stupid Instruction-view mode really annoys me as it blocks the map. I was so pissed off with this to the point that I almost smashed the stupid thing and threw it over the window.

Could any of you here, especially you TomTom people, if you read this, please help me get rid of this Instruction-view mode? Any advice from you guys will be deeply deeply deeply appreciated.

Cheers,
Vu

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,817 Superusers
    Hi
    @Canned_Tuna

The 'List view' mode of the planned route is normally only available by Tapping the Top Info-Bar

Is there any contamination/damage on the screen in the area of the Top Info-Bar
    Have you fitted a 'Anti glare Screen Protector' Pack ??? Were there any air bubbles/contamination etc in the area of the Top Info Bar

These can cause ghost screen Taps

ATB YFM
  • Canned_TunaCanned_Tuna Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @YamFazMan

Thank you very much for your support. After reading your reply, I inspected my GPS closely but could not identify any unusal or damaged area on the display. There was no bubble since I had not applied any screen protector. The touchscreen was responsive as usual.

There is one thing about this GPS, however. This was the last unit and was used as the display unit at my local tech store. I don't think this information is relevant to the problem I am facing, but just in case.

Do you think I have bought a faulty unit?

Cheers,
    Vu
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,817 Superusers
    Hi
    @Canned_Tuna

There are special Demo mode versions produced for use in retail outlets
    To demonstrate the devices features
    Maybe call Tomtom Support... If this is the case, ask if it can be disabled....

Tomtom Support...
    :flag_no: Norge (Norway)
    Mandag-Fredag: 10:00 til 13:00, 14:00 til 17:00

ATB YFM