My device has started to send ' received a new destination ' to my other device — TomTom Community

My device has started to send ' received a new destination ' to my other device

RA50RA50 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Good morning.
I have 2 devices on one single account. GO 500 and 510.
Recently when I plan a route on either one. It is now automatically sent to the other.
So for example. When I was travelling in Hull last week using a planned route. I got sent the routes which my wife had entered in Kent using the other device.
Which then cleared my programmed route.
Meaning that I had to enter my details again. Which in turn were sent to my wife's device.
In the end I gave up and used my phone.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,977 Superusers
    Hi
    @RA50

Logging out of MyDrive on your devices is the way to go....
    When you need to sync the route file... Log back into MyDrive on the device/s you wish to sync the data
    I use this method with seven devices... After all, you only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address

If you're not happy logging in/out of MyDrive on the 600's, you will need to set up a MyDrive account with different Email and password for each device... the downside is you will need to set up and maintain multiple MyDrive (Web) Route planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to each individual device

I maintain three NAV4 devices, GO 5000, Start 60, Rider 400 and four NAV5(Wifi) devices, GO 520, 620, 6200 & Rider 550 by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

NAV4.................. Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    NAV(5)+Wifi)... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note.....
    Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info
    The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    I will give it a try.