Device shuts down — TomTom Community

Device shuts down

LeontLeont Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
My Runner 3 shuts down about 10 minutes after start of outdoor exercise, using GPS

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,841 Moderator
    HI Leont,

Sorry about my late reply!

I can't find the Runner 3 watch linked to your account but just a Multisports watch. Please try to make Factory reset in recovery mode on your watch and see if it's the same after that.

This can also be related to the depleted battery on your watch, please see this public FAQ here for more information on watch battery: Watch battery losing charge too quickly

Cheers, lampard
  • LeontLeont Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Lampard, thank you for the response. The restore factory settings seems a good option. However, please confirm that the data relating to my historic activities will remain on my online profile. Leon
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,344
    Superusers
    Leont wrote:
    Hi Lampard, thank you for the response. The restore factory settings seems a good option. However, please confirm that the data relating to my historic activities will remain on my online profile. Leon
    A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in, so everything is saved on TomTom Sports and your settings are reset afterwards. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch, but this clears itself every 10 activities anyway. The music is on a different drive that is untouched during a reset and TomTom Sports is not affected. The reset itself takes less than 5 minutes.