Huge amount of missing laps in swimming mode — TomTom Community

Huge amount of missing laps in swimming mode

kiwwikiwwi Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
Even this hasn't never been perfect and missed/added lap or two during my 60 laps sessions, I could live with it. But recently it counts like every 4th lap or so. Last time it counted 15 laps in my 66 laps session. There was neither firmware change/update nor my swimming style (maybe I'm doing the turns more precise and smooth but it's not very significant change either).

However I use also Amazfit Stratos and they count it almost perfectly (even they miss the turn from time to time, they can manage to recalculate it from time and strokes ratio) so I'm thinking if it couldn't be hardware fault in TomTom case.

Does anyone have similar experience?

Comments

• KarinalmhKarinalmh Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes. I've just started using the Swim mode and it won't count the laps.
    IE. last week's 20 minute swim indicated that I had only swum 3 laps!
    I touched the wall with my hands each lap, so am I doing something wrong??
  • EaglevaulterEaglevaulter Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I too have noticed this. However, I never had issues before with my TomTom Spark Cardio + music counting laps. I primarily swim breaststroke, but have also swum freestyle in the past before. The only times it ever had issues was if I did a turn before reaching the wall, and just spun around in the lane. Now, i just did a workout where I swam 48 laps, and the watch only picked up 22 of those. To test to see if it has anything to do with acceleration, I tried pushing off the wall at the end with at least double my normal push off, and that had no affect. Sometimes it would say that I had completed a lap in the middle of a length, and once I got 2 laps in one length.

What gives? This used to be extremely accurate, to the point where you could get in the pool and do a workout and focus on doing the workout, not, you know, having to make sure that the watch was actually counting laps for you. Very disappointing.

The only thing I can attribute mine to is I did update (accidentally) to the most recent version. I think I was running a firmware that was at least a year old.
  • KarinalmhKarinalmh Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the Spark Cardio + music too. I have searched tge forums. Seems like its a known fault that Tom Tom is not interested in fixing... No wonder they're lagging behind in the sports watch market. I think they've decided to exit the market
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,732
    Superusers
    Karinalmh wrote:
    I have the Spark Cardio + music too. I have searched tge forums. Seems like its a known fault that Tom Tom is not interested in fixing... No wonder they're lagging behind in the sports watch market. I think they've decided to exit the market
    They actually exited the sports market over a year ago when they went out of business, so you are a little behind in the news. They ceased all production and development last year and the watches are dead.