Armband Replacement: HELP! — TomTom Community

Armband Replacement: HELP!

Di RoDi Ro Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Dear sports friends,

I recently moved to Busan, Korea and I am going to 'loose' my runner 3 watch soon. My replacement armband is breaking again after a little over 6 months of use. It now even has two tears and is going to fall apart soon. So I need quick help.

Would any of you know of a store nearby where I can get a new arm band?

The customer support is not really helpful because they force me to go to the Korean site because they can see from my computer's IP that I am based here now. And I did not find a way to directly contact anybody there.

Thanx,
Dieter...

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,326
    Superusers
    This is a user forum, we would not have retail information. The strap is covered under warranty. Either use the self-service site in the link below or call Customer support and they will take care of it, assuming they have any left (since TT Sports went out of business and ceased all production and development almost a year ago, supplies seem to be running low). To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat (there is no longer phone support available for watches and the country should not matter for email). The best way to avoid damaging the strap is to not take the watch out of the strap when charging. It is designed so that the dock slips between the watch and the band which limits the amount of twisting. Also, when taking it on and off do not yank on the strap, pull it gently to the desired tightness then snap it in place, which puts less stress on rubber.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Di RoDi Ro Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for trying but this is not helpful, because of my situation: Bought it in Germany but now I am in Korea. So I am forced to go to the Koran homepage where I get stuck.

And I need a quick solution because I already have to tape it (which looks really shitty)! After I went though the first strap quickly I realized that I have to be careful and I was. Nevertheless, with regular use I still went thru it in 7 months which is not acceptable.

Therefore, I really need to talk to someone directly to sort it out but there is no email address or phone number I can use (which I find not very user-friendly)