Fitness age Runner 3 without OHR — TomTom Community

Fitness age Runner 3 without OHR

RenilsioRenilsio Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi,

I have a runner 3 sportswatch without optical heart rate because i prefer the accuracy of a chest strap. The update with vo2 max test, fitness age etc is unfortunately still not available on my watch which is really a shame.

Is this update coming in the future for my device or should I switch to the competition for this functionality?

Is there another way to update my watch so i can have this extra functionality?

Many thanks!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,321
    Superusers
    There is no way to get this functionality and it is not coming. The feature requires OHR in order to get an estimated VO2Max. And considering TT Sports went out of business a year ago and all product development has stopped it is what it is at this point. Do not expect any updates or changes.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • RenilsioRenilsio Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the answer. I was kind of expecting this. However, I think it's really a shame that TomTom doesn't provide this update to the real sports enthousiastics who don't rely on oHR. Other brands recommend chest strap for these tests for accuracy.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,321
    Superusers
    Renilsio wrote:
    Thanks for the answer. I was kind of expecting this. However, I think it's really a shame that TomTom doesn't provide this update to the real sports enthousiastics who don't rely on oHR. Other brands recommend chest strap for these tests for accuracy.Thanks for the answer. I was kind of expecting this. However, I think it's really a shame that TomTom doesn't provide this update to the real sports enthousiastics who don't rely on oHR. Other brands recommend chest strap for these tests for accuracy.
    It is a feature exclusive to the OHR watches to justify the added expense. If it was available to everyone regardless of model, less people would buy the more expensive model which they make more money on. It is simple business.
  • D-mhD-mh Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the OHR watch but the Fitness age hasn't changed since I bought it, despite earning overdrive fitness points. The VO2max has changed for over a month either and I'm running 6K 4 times a week?