Replacement TomTom Runner — TomTom Community

Replacement TomTom Runner

john mcgjohn mcg Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I've had to replace my tom tom runner due to my old one being stolen. how do I synce my new watch to my TomTom MySports Connect program on my computer.
I plugged my new watch into my computer which opens the tom tom sports, but does not record my runs on my new watch!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,643
    Superusers
    When you plugged the new watch into the computer for the first time it should have prompted you to register the device. Enter the same email you used for the last watch and it will set the new one up on the same account. If it did not do it, you need to do a factory reset to get it to register again.

I would take care with your buying decision considering TomTom left the wearables business a year ago and is just selling out their inventory. All production and development has stopped and there will be no new features or changes to the existing features in the future. If you are able, you may want to consider returning the device and going with another brand that is active in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices
    I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • john mcgjohn mcg Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you, that worked. I'm might have done a few runs before plugging it in and that night have caused the problem!!
    lost a month worth of runs, but never mind.

As for returning it, I bought it very cheaply from E-bay. At the moment, all I need is a watch that times my runs, records the distance and can show my runs on the computer so suits my needs at the moment but thank you for your concern.

Many thanks:grinning: