Marathon Did Not Download

vivisugarlandvivisugarland Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I ran the Dublin Marathon on October 28, 2018, and my results did not download from my watch to my phone. I tried downloading on my lap top, and it won't download there either. Is there anything else I can try? It kills me to lose all that data from a bucket list marathon.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,324 Superusers
    Did you get any error messages while syncing or did it hang up at all? If you are using the phone app, once you have synced by phone you cannot also sync by computer, it is either/or. Once the watch thinks it has a successful upload it clears the memory (what you are seeing in the History is just summary data points, the actual activity is deleted once synced). If you can find the ttbin file you can force an upload (if there is no ttbin it is lost). To force Sports to reupload an activity you need to do the following:

1. Exit Sports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).
    2. Locate the ttbin files (if they are not there the activity is lost and not recoverable - what is on the watch is just summary data, all the detail is gone). On a PC the ttbins are saved in a dated folder for the date of the activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom Sports\{Watch Name}. On Apple Devices, connect your device to the computer, open iTunes, select your device in the iTunes sidebar, select Sports on the Apps tab under File Sharing and the ttbin files are listed on the right-hand side. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer. In Android, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD in (/sdcard/TomTom_Sports/[serial number of watch]/workouts/uploaded/).
    3. Copy them to your computer
    4. Place the ttbin files in the serial number directory:
    Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom Sports\[serial number]
    Mac: [home dir]/TomTom Sports/[serial number]
    5. Restart Sports Connect and connect your watch
    6. Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • vivisugarlandvivisugarland Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The sync to my phone ... which I tried first ... kept hanging up. Sounds like I have lost all the info :-( but I am still going to walk through the other steps you laid out.

thanks!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,324 Superusers
    Make sure you do not separate the watch and the phone during the sync process. You should put the watch on top of the phone and leave it there. If you get out of BT range it will fail. Make sure you have strong signal on the phone (Wi-Fi is even better). A weak signal will slow the process and can cause failures. I recommend using the computer to sync as it is much more reliable and much faster