OBSOLETE OFFER...

blogbertblogbert Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Just logged in to update my XXL 540 and was told it's obsolute and "could be the perfect time to upgrade!" great... and the fantastic obsolute booby price offer.... a Go 6200 for JUST £240, a 30% discount from £340. So I go and check on Amazon where I can buy it for £290 including their discount. So, a £50 saving... surely if TomTom make a product with lifetime maps obsolute, then they should replace the unit FREE OF CHARGE? Has anyone else come across this dubious offer of compensation....?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 13,152 [Superusers]
    H
    @blogbert

Tomtoms Lifetime Maps T&Cs... Have never meant 'Your Lifetime'
    [h3]See... What are Lifetime Services?[/h3]https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/content/name/Lifetime/page/4

Surely £240 is still a better deal than £290 ???

ATB YFM
  • blogbertblogbert Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So I buy an expensive piece of tec only to have it go obsolete after a few years. If anything, £50 for the new unit would be a fair price and fair compensation considering all ... nevertheless, I'm still left out of pocket but with a lovely colorful paperweight.

Not impressed. At £240, TomTom are still more than covering the cost of the replacement unit. I would go as far to say that this is just another income stream strategy for them.
    Hi
    @blogbert

My iPhone3, iPhone4 and iPad3 are more or less dead in the water as pieces of useful technology, my iPhone5 is going that way (I'm Running iOS 10 I Can't install iOS11) Many Apps are now demanding iOS11
    I don't see Apple giving me freebie Upgrades to new models ???

ATB YFM
  • blogbertblogbert Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    That's fascinating but hardly the point. I bought this kit with the supposed guarantee and security of lifetime updates... updates that I cannot now access because their piece of **it doesn't have capacity or the platform capable of running them. So, the original sales promise/contract has been broken. Wouldn't it have been a good idea on their part to provide an alternative (maybe not so whizz-bang) for these older units?

I don't every remember seeing iPhone making any such promises. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Hi
    @blogbert
    blogbert wrote:
    I bought this kit with the supposed guarantee and security of lifetime updates...
    Lifetime Maps have never been your Natural Life, you just made an assumption and didn't read the T&Cs

Tomtom EOL (End of Life)
    Tomtom have already stated that Lifetime Maps and any Existing Map Subscriptions will be honoured

See VikramK Post (TomTom Staff) Here....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-device-with-lifetime-maps-1032484/index1.html#post1207861

[h3]If you have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscriptions[/h3][h3]Call Tomtom Support...[/h3]
    :flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

When calling....
    Tomtom are monitoring Eol support by an Auto Response Phone System
    When prompted DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information... Wait for a live agent to respond

Bye YFM