TomTom Start too old to update?

Shammamish
Shammamish Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 2019 in Devices using TomTom HOME
I have been living in Hawaii for the past 3 years and I used my TT all the time, I have now moved to NC and the map is not in the system, when I try to update it I get a message that the device is too old!!!

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    Yes. The Start models are known as Nav2 devices and are considered as End of Life by Tomtom, meaning no further map updates.
  • justmebrowsing
    justmebrowsing Registered Users Posts: 389
    Supreme Pioneer
    Unfortunately it appears that your device, like so many other still-reliable but older devices, may have been deemed End-of-Life by TT and are no longer supported by them, see
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-for-tomtom-devices-with-2gb-internal-memory-1031975 so there's nothing (legally) that you can do to update this device but there are of course numerous gpsurl's out there if you google search for them although or course we don't condone that behaviour round here:zipper_mouth:
  • Shammamish
    Shammamish Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Justmebrowsing can you elaborate on gpsurl's what is that?
  • justmebrowsing
    justmebrowsing Registered Users Posts: 389
    Supreme Pioneer
    Shammamish wrote:
    Justmebrowsing can you elaborate on gpsurl's what is that?

All I can suggest is you search for gps forum or similar on google as this sort of discussion cannot continue here in this TT forum!