TomTom Start too old to update?

I have been living in Hawaii for the past 3 years and I used my TT all the time, I have now moved to NC and the map is not in the system, when I try to update it I get a message that the device is too old!!!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 32,875 [Superusers]
    Yes. The Start models are known as Nav2 devices and are considered as End of Life by Tomtom, meaning no further map updates.
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 291 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Unfortunately it appears that your device, like so many other still-reliable but older devices, may have been deemed End-of-Life by TT and are no longer supported by them, see
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-for-tomtom-devices-with-2gb-internal-memory-1031975 so there's nothing (legally) that you can do to update this device but there are of course numerous gpsurl's out there if you google search for them although or course we don't condone that behaviour round here:zipper_mouth:
  • ShammamishShammamish Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Justmebrowsing can you elaborate on gpsurl's what is that?
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 291 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Shammamish wrote:
    Justmebrowsing can you elaborate on gpsurl's what is that?

All I can suggest is you search for gps forum or similar on google as this sort of discussion cannot continue here in this TT forum!