Why navigation is still wrong four weeks after reporting temporary road closure? — TomTom Community

Why navigation is still wrong four weeks after reporting temporary road closure?

FataMorganaFataMorgana Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Map quality
Good evening,

I live in Hamburg and have bought a license for the TomTom GO Mobile App recently.

Four weeks ago I reported a temporary road closure due to road works (Ebertplatz/Ebertallee, near Trabrennbahn Bahrenfeld, ids 99acc0f0-ec12-41f6-b725-1710b5cc983b and e9e2bf07-10a0-40c2-ba9c-e3496f44fa10).

This is an important crossroads which is blocked at the moment.

The TomTom GO Mobile App navigates me wrongly nearly every day because this map update seems not to be rolled out.

Is it possible to raise the priority of this map update? The current status in Map Share Reporter is "accepted". What does this mean?

I have to admit that I am a little bit disappointed by TomTom.

Best regards

Comments

• FataMorganaFataMorgana Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    In addition to my last post, here is an official document about the road works:

LSBG Luruper Chaussee / Ebertallee / Notkestraße
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    It's a Traffic issue not a map issue.
    Really very helpful, this forum ;-)
    Wow, I am still impressed...
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,089 Moderator
    Hi FataMorgana,

Sorry for the delay in response!

Please use the following template to help me to quickly forward your report to the Traffic team. However, bear in mind that the start & end time of the reported road closure needs to be more than 7 days.
    1. What kind of closure are you reporting? (for example: current, future, other)
    2. Do you have any detailed information about time (for example: since Autumn)
    3. Do you have any detailed information about Road Closure location (for example: coordinates, location city, street name)
    4. What other useful sources could you provide (for example: technical environment (device/app model), link (e.g. to MyDrive), official sources, news, map version, MapShare Reporter ID)
    5. Remarks (general issue description)

Cheers, lampard
    Dear lampard,

thank you for your answer. The problem still exists (I tried it yesterday). As a paying customer, I expect from TomTom to fix this issue as soon as possible. I am sure it leads to wrong navigation for TomTom users several times per day.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. What kind of closure are you reporting? (for example: current, future, other): current
    2. Do you have any detailed information about time (for example: since Autumn): from August 2018 to April 2019
    3. Do you have any detailed information about Road Closure location (for example: coordinates, location city, street name): Hamburg, Germany, street name: Ebertallee, precise location: between Notkestr. and Luruper Chaussee (both directions), coordinates: 53,57354, 9,89215
    4. What other useful sources could you provide (for example: technical environment (device/app model), link (e.g. to MyDrive), official sources, news, map version, MapShare Reporter ID): official source: https://lsbg.hamburg.de/contentblob/11854748/ed96135377a4da3a3ccabd80f88aecd6/data/luruper-chaussee-ebertallee-notkestrasse-strassenbauarbeiten-06-2018-bis-04-2019-stand-november-2018.pdf MapShare Reporter ID 99acc0f0-ec12-41f6-b725-1710b5cc983b and e9e2bf07-10a0-40c2-ba9c-e3496f44fa10
    5. Remarks (general issue description): important temporary road closure due to road works, big crossroads, should be handled with high priority

Regards,
    Niklas
    Hi Niklas,

I've sent this to the team!

Cheers, lampard
    Hi Niklas,

The closures are now in place.

Cheers, lampard