Watch straps — TomTom Community

Watch straps

TaphersTaphers Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Will TomTom be making the watch straps out of better material anytime soon or will I have to switch to a different brand with a strap that lasts for more than 4 months? In the last year I have gone through 4 straps for my watch and they just keep breaking. I'm now having to super glue them back together and then they break in a completely new spot. I'm thinking of switching to Garmin. What are your thoughts and advice.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,732
    Superusers
    TomTom Sports went out of business a year ago and stopped all production development so they are not being made of anything any more, they are simply not being made. They were poorly designed and could not stand up to constant use. It may be time to move on to another brand that is active in the industry and Garmin is not going any place any time soon.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • lloydy187lloydy187 Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    I had the same issue and went through several tom tom straps and was getting very annoyed by it! I think the main reason the straps keep breaking is that it weakens every time you take the watch piece out to charge it and the plastic is too flimsy in that area, I decided to buy a cheap replica strap from china on ebay and it doesn't have that issue as you can charge the watch without removing it from the strap! They are only around £6 delivered and available in more color options than the official straps! Worth a shot if your as frustrated as i was! Mine is still going strong and so have decided to buy a few spares!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,732
    Superusers
    lloydy187 wrote:
    I had the same issue and went through several tom tom straps and was getting very annoyed by it! I think the main reason the straps keep breaking is that it weakens every time you take the watch piece out to charge it and the plastic is too flimsy in that area, I decided to buy a cheap replica strap from china on ebay and it doesn't have that issue as you can charge the watch without removing it from the strap! They are only around £6 delivered and available in more color options than the official straps! Worth a shot if your as frustrated as i was! Mine is still going strong and so have decided to buy a few spares!
    You are not meant to take the watch out to charge it, it is designed for the charger to easily slip between the watch and the strap.