Bluetooth issues — TomTom Community

Bluetooth issues

suzukiflyersuzukiflyer Posts: 7 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 30 in RIDER
hi
just purchased a new 550 for my bike and decided to upgrade my autocom pro and Bluetooth receiver for tom tom 550
the is no volume control on the tom-tom to turn up the sound as i wear in the ear earplugs and the sound it very low in the ear when its connected to bluetooth. although when disconnected from Bluetooth it blasts out of the speakers
where am i going wrong ?

regards john

Comments

• Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 725 Superuser
    You’ve to adjust the volume on your autocom while the TomTom transmits any sound or voice instructions.
  • suzukiflyersuzukiflyer Posts: 7 [Neophyte Traveler]
    i have it on full and still very quiet i have good hearing

regards john
  • AndersNordhAndersNordh Posts: 257 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Hi, what Ste7ios is pointing out is very important, you need to adjust the volume just as the TTR do the announcement, not before or after ...

Have a nice day,
    Anders

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 245 [Exalted Navigator]
    Sadly it is not possible to increase Bluetooth volume on the bluetooth sender (Rider). The Rider already uses a level of 100%.

Bluetooth sound is digital. Increasing the volume will cause clipping and this sounds very bad and even can destroy your earpiece speakers.
    This is why you have to set the sound level on your headset.

Placing the earpiece speakers from your headset at ear level is very important. (And it is a common mistake to misplace them)

My own headset is loud enough and I use about 80% sound level. (And I also use ear plugs to prevent tinnitus)
    So In this case you must blame the headset manufacturer or earpiece speaker’s placement.

(The only thing TomTom can do is making Shure the voice files are recorded/remastered at the maximum sound level and enable you to decrease the sound level)
    No. It’s not what you say. The Bluetooth HFP profile provides remote audio volume control to control the headset from the audio gateway/server . For unknown reasons TomTom doesn’t support it.

It supports more like power indicators etc... But...
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 245 [Exalted Navigator]
    Ok you are right, TomTom can enable remote control of the BT headsets volume.

But this doesn’t solve the biggest problem that the maximum volume of many BT headsets is not loud enough.
    Everybody can have a different experience because it depends on many factors. From my experience and other fellas with various Scala Cardo models, and many cheap ones (from Lidl and many Chinese makers) never had a problem with volume...

What can we discuss without specific info? Like maker, model, firmware version, the installation, how noisy is the helmet?

We may only give some tips...