Update TomTom Spark — TomTom Community

Update TomTom Spark

pmcopmco Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
Hi! When is an update that solves battery problems and has all the features available???

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    Never. TT Sports went out of business last year and all development and production ceased. They were never able to replicate the battery issue on a wide scale so were unable to solve it. The watches are dead and will not change in the future.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • pmcopmco Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    So can we sue tomtom for not deliberately solving our watch problems and asking for a refund of the money spent?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    pmco wrote:
    So can we sue tomtom for not deliberately solving our watch problems and asking for a refund of the money spent?
    You can certainly try but you will fail. The watch still works as intended and none of the newer features are required to use it. If you want to spend thousands on a lawyer over a $150 watch, that is up to you. You would be better off saving your time and money and either living with it as is or moving on to another brand that is active in the industry still.
  • Ollie222Ollie222 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Over almost two years my battery life decreased and the dropped significantly so even when left in standby it only lasted a couple of days.

I contacted TomTom went through the symptoms, they agreed that was not right and asked me to send it in. I did and they sent me a repaired or I think it was a new watch which now has excellent battery life.

I'm running the latest firmware and get about 4 x 1 hour of GPS and HR tracking and a week of standby from a charge but I have things like notifications switched off and step tracking switched off.

One thing I've noticed that does kill the battery is the backlight if you have it permanently switched on which is not unsurprising.