Watch straps don't last a year — TomTom Community

Watch straps don't last a year

HidaHida Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi. The last time my strap broke was earlier this year in February . I contacted Tom Tom and they me in just 2 days time. They were supposed to pick up my device as well because the screen damaged when it fell from my arm due to the broken strap. .. Nobody came to collect my watch to repair my screen.. I don't know if its because the courier got lost or not? But I know Tom Tom said they will send someone for it and fix it. I love their customer service. Now for my problem.
I'm sitting with a broken strap again. I wanted to know if you can't make stronger bands for the Tom Tom watches. I'm part of a group of ladies thats on a healthy lifestyle journey. Most of us has Tom Tom watches. And nobody's strap last longer then a year at a time. I love my watch and everything it can do but I'm really disappointed that the strap breaks so quickly. I can't help but compare it with my polar device I had before I got this Tom Tom. I gifted the polar to my husband and he is still using it without any problems

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    Hida wrote:
    I wanted to know if you can't make stronger bands for the Tom Tom watches.
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/tomtom-leaving-wearables-tomtom-really-1028359
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    Hida wrote:
    Hi. The last time my strap broke was earlier this year in February . I contacted Tom Tom and they me in just 2 days time. They were supposed to pick up my device as well because the screen damaged when it fell from my arm due to the broken strap. .. Nobody came to collect my watch to repair my screen.. I don't know if its because the courier got lost or not? But I know Tom Tom said they will send someone for it and fix it. I love their customer service. Now for my problem.
    I'm sitting with a broken strap again. I wanted to know if you can't make stronger bands for the Tom Tom watches. I'm part of a group of ladies thats on a healthy lifestyle journey. Most of us has Tom Tom watches. And nobody's strap last longer then a year at a time. I love my watch and everything it can do but I'm really disappointed that the strap breaks so quickly. I can't help but compare it with my polar device I had before I got this Tom Tom. I gifted the polar to my husband and he is still using it without any problems
    TT Sports went out of business last year and ceased all production and development so there will be no changes to the watch software or accessories. If you need a new strap I would act quickly as supplies are running low as they run through their remaining inventory. I doubt they said they will send someone to fix it, that is not how it works, they may have sent you a shipping label so you could send it back to them, but they do not send couriers that I have ever seen. You should contact support again.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • HidaHida Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm attaching an email that was sent to me that state that Tom Tom is sending a courier for my device. Nobody ever came or called
  • HidaHida Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Here's the email 1275aab0-7c9c-48c2-a475-d706f0247791.jpg1275aab0-7c9c-48c2-a475-d706f0247791.jpg
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    Hida wrote:
    I'm attaching an email that was sent to me that state that Tom Tom is sending a courier for my device. Nobody ever came or called
    Did you follow the instructions given to contact RAM yourself if the pick ups are unsuccessful?