Lifetime maps

rgb044
rgb044 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
I purchased the lifetime maps on my XXL550 and now TOMTOM is saying they will no longer support this model so my extra money for LIFETIME is a lie. They offer a 20% discount on a lesser model and a 30% discount on a more expensive model...there is no way to email this company so I filed a complaint and they just lost a long time customer.

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,389
     Superuser
    Tomtom has said that models with lifetime maps will continue to get them. Confirm with Support BUT when you call do NOT provide a model when prompted in order for a live agent to respond:

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST
  • truckerlady
    truckerlady Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    same issue, on my mobile, it wont work anymore
  • h2omelon1
    h2omelon1 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    I tried to update my USA map. The old USA map was deleted in the process but the new map is too large in memory and won't fit. I need an archived USA map for my XXL550 that will fit my GPS.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,158
     Superuser
    edited February 5
    Hi
    @h2omelon1
    Welcome to the site....
    EoL = End of Life
    dg0gsg5idnhl.jpg
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday....
    If the old Map is still available on the Tomtom servers, the Map can be allocated to your device....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,336
    Hi @h2omelon1
    I have activated an older version of the map for your TomTom, however I doubt if that will be offered as a download. Your device comes with free map update(lifetime of device).
    So I think by default the latest version will get offered anyway.

Regards,
    Vikram.