Traffic and Speed Cameras offline — TomTom Community

Traffic and Speed Cameras offline

DamageMeDamageMe Posts: 58 [Renowned Trailblazer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Services
There is some problem with live services??
Mine are offline

Comments

• GazibarevGazibarev Posts: 95 [Supreme Navigator]
    Where are you?
  • DamageMeDamageMe Posts: 58 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I was in Germany now I am in France...the services appear disconnected:(
  • notmeatall2notmeatall2 Posts: 44 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Mine was off in the UK today.
    Today In Germany Swizz and Austria i have no problem for me. GO PRO 6250
    In Germany work till 15:00 after that hour appear disconnected hmmm strange...now in France the same problem...If other users have problems I think affect some devices
  • Zack61Zack61 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Same here in England no service Go 5200
    Both on wifi or gprs ?
    On Wi-Fi it's oky on gprs is the problem....
    Connect and after few minutes disconnect or never establish connection? Starge...
    Never establish a connection
    Try a factory reset then bring back your pois from your tomtom account. Then download a last updates. If thoesent work.... I don't know man.... call or write to customers center :(
    Some how it can’t connect to server
    Factory reset didn’t work.
  • Kwclough5100Kwclough5100 Posts: 33 [Outstanding Explorer]
    My 5100 had no connection today in the uk
  • Kwclough5100Kwclough5100 Posts: 33 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Just tried and working now
  • TWCoastalTWCoastal Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have not been able to access Live Traffic in the UK on either WiFi or GPRS for about 7 days and my Go 6200 WiFi displays the message 'We are having trouble accessing TomTom Services'. I phoned support who said the problem is with Vodafone who provide the SIM in the device and should be fixed 'soon'.
    For the moment in France is working good on sim card...but in Germany I have such a problem...
    I have phoned TomTom support again and have been told that this is a UK problem affecting the internal SIM on certain devices including my Go 6200 WiFi. They are unsure when this will be resolved. They have a case already open ref CCARE-3197. I have again challenged TomTom for not being open and honest about this issue and have asked them to post some prominent information on their support pages (I can only ask).
  • sunter18sunter18 Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Mone did not work on internal SIM but worked after connecting to my mobile. Problem was I was sat in a 5 mile+ tailback on the M6 following a smash before I could swap over. Cannot have on auto as its connected to work phone during day and no internet.Not good enough when the traffic is one of my main reasons for using.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,881
    Superuser
    @sunter18

You have not said which device you own, but a call to Customer Services who can check the status of your SIM and even re-enable it should help

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Another day passes and I still have no live traffic in the UK on my Go 6200 WiFi. Support have checked the SIM and it is fine. Support believe the problem is with the Vodafone network but this does not explain why I have no Live Traffic via WiFi at home or when tethered to my phone on the 02 network. Still no statements from TomTom on websites or social media - truly appalling customer service. At the moment a 'Lifetime' of 18 months seems a little short even for TomTom.
    No contact from TomTom support since 1 November so I phoned again to be told that the UK network issue affecting Live Traffic on my Go 6200 WiFi had been sorted on 1 or 2 November and that Level 2 support needed to re-attach my SIM to these services (which they did). I was then led through a factory reset and all is now well - Live Traffic working fine. It took 3 calls to support over 6 days, the first they failed to log, the second they logged but did not follow-up when the issue was fixed and the third brought resolution. All in all about 3 hours of my time dealing with a company whose attitude to customer support is truly awful and total indefensible.