Can I use a speed and cadence sensor with my forerunner 3? — TomTom Community

Can I use a speed and cadence sensor with my forerunner 3?

andymanserveandymanserve Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
I have just set up a turbo trainer for winter training. If I get a speed and cadence sensor for the bike will I be able to link it with my forerunner 3. At the moment if I put my watch to indoor cycling it won't connect. Is this because I have no sensors set up to it?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,329
    Superusers
    This is a TomTom forum, so I am not sure why you are asking about a Garmin watch. Why would you buy a TT speed & cadence sensor to use with Garmin product? It won't work anyway as the TT is BT+ and the Garmin watch only reads ANT+. If you are using a Garmin watch, use a Garmin sensor, if a TT watch use a TT sensor.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • andymanserveandymanserve Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    It is a Tom tom watch
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,329
    Superusers
    It is a Tom tom watch
    A Forerunner 3 is not a TomTom watch. Perhaps you mean a Spark 3? Obviously if you have no sensors connected to your bike the watch will not detect it, how would it? You need to have a BT+ speed /cadence sensor properly installed on the bike and synced to the watch in order to view speed and cadence data.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.