Watch strap failure — TomTom Community

Watch strap failure

phallettphallett Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have a Tomtom Sports Adventurer watch. I have now had 7 replacement straps and each one has broken. It must be a design fault. Anyone else have the same issues?

I have asked for another one, but I am assuming it will be refused as I am now out of warranty, which is kind of outrageous given it has broken consistently from day 1.

Anyone else have the same issues?

Paul

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,626
    Superusers
    I am not sure what you are doing to the straps that they are breaking so often. They are admittedly poorly made but your experience is unusual. You are correct that once out of warranty you will not be able to get free replacements any longer, but since TT Sports went out of business and stopped all production a year ago there would appear to be limited supplies anyway so you may not be able to get a new one. The best way to avoid damaging the strap is to not take the watch out of the strap when charging. It is designed so that the dock slips between the watch and the band which limits the amount of twisting. Also, when taking it on and off do not yank on the strap, pull it gently to the desired tightness then snap it in place, which puts less stress on rubber.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • phallettphallett Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Well it's not ideal, and I've looked after them from day 1, I don't think I am rough or anything, I just think it was simply a very poorly designed strap. I also didn't know they are out of business, so the watch will have no further updates too?

Well that's me off to Apple Watch then I think.
    Superusers
    phallett wrote:
    Well it's not ideal, and I've looked after them from day 1, I don't think I am rough or anything, I just think it was simply a very poorly designed strap. I also didn't know they are out of business, so the watch will have no further updates too?

Well that's me off to Apple Watch then I think.
    The watch is dead. All development and production ended when they went out of business last year.
  • TaphersTaphers Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Its not an unusual case. The watch straps are utter rubbish. I know a few people with the same problem and I've gone through 4 straps within a year. This is probably one of the reasons TT sports went out of business.
  • phallettphallett Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Well, out of the blue, I have just received an email saying they've mailed me a replacement strap?

You can also still buy Tomtom Sports watches too?

Genuinely confused.
    Superusers
    phallett wrote:
    Well, out of the blue, I have just received an email saying they've mailed me a replacement strap?

You can also still buy Tomtom Sports watches too?

Genuinely confused.
    They are still selling old inventory, they are simply no longer producing new ones or developing them. They can't be expected to simply throw them all out when they go out of business.