Speed Limit signs on maps — TomTom Community

Speed Limit signs on maps

lesmoffatslesmoffats Posts: 7 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Map quality
Hi, does anyone know whether the speed limit signs that appear on the screen maps are
generated by the speed camera part of the process or are they part of the map itself ?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,806
    Superuser
    @lesmoffats

The speed limits are an overlay of the map details. The speed camera / danger zones are a separate process that show the limit at that point / zone.

If you are referring to driving in France (using your undefined device) then if the map version is prior to version 10.11 but you have current danger zones, or you have a 10.15 map and have not renewed your danger zone subscription for several months. Then there will be a lot of discrepancies between the two as a result in the major change in July.
  • lesmoffatslesmoffats Posts: 7 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks Niall,
    I can well understand the difficulties of getting all these info items corresponding correctly. I have three vehicles two of which share a Via 125 which has map 10.15. The other is a Laguna 3 with the renault Rlink system that includes TomTom Gps and although I haven't checked , I am sure that it also has been updated to 10.15. The two systems are showing corresponding speeds for the same roads.( 90kph) when the limit is definitely 80 kph. The roads I have cross checked have neither speed cameras or danger zones so I would have thought that the map overlay speeds would be OK.
    Do you know if the updating is complete for French roads or is it still in progress?
    Superuser
    @Niall

Have you checked the problematic routes in the Charente Maritime using the MyDrive route planner? See if that also has 90 Khp or 80 Kph. I live in the next department north (85) so can check them on my 5200 as well
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,898
    Superusers
    Hi @Niall Niall, how to check the speed in MyDrive? I didn't know this was possible.
    Superuser
    @Megalos

Oops thought that MyDrive would be able to give a run through the route.
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 542 [Exalted Navigator]
    On the subject of speed cameras, I discovered something the other day that I didn't know - if you turn off the speed camera alerts, the icons disappear off the map as well.