550 Randomly reboots. — TomTom Community

550 Randomly reboots.

eatonjbeatonjb Posts: 22 [Master Traveler]
edited January 19 in RIDER
I have a 550 and it seems to be having some issues. It will randomly shutdown (the shutdown screen not just reboot)

It seems to be when it is connecting to the Bluetooth at random times. I using a Samsung S8 and a Sena 30K.

the thing that makes me mad when it reboots is that if I am recording my route, the file becomes useless and I can not export it.

Anyone willing to help, or should I just ditch this thing and get something else.

Comments

• AndersNordhAndersNordh Posts: 257 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    eatonjb wrote:
    Anyone willing to help, or should I just ditch this thing and get something else.

Hi eatonjb,

How often does this happen? Is it repeatable or is it just random? Are you using the latest firmware?

Over e three week trip riding 300-500 km's each day it happened to me once that it rebooted and I have heard others with a similar experience but never a complete shutdown without a restart ...

Maybe you send a trouble ticket to Tomtom support, the Swedish support I have been in touch with has been both helpful and knowledgeable.

Don't think you should ditch it just yet ... ;-)

Have a good one,
    Anders

• eatonjbeatonjb Posts: 22 [Master Traveler]
    it happens more often then it should.. say 2-3 times a week. Yes, everything has been updated, I am wearing about contacting support as it's usual the same answers , clear out all settings, etc. etc. After I get to trying that (I use my bike and GPS every day, so resetting it takes time to add my stuff back). I wil try to contact them, I have not had a lot of luck with support.

Eaton
  • AndersNordhAndersNordh Posts: 257 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Hi Eaton, what I would try is connecting the GPS to a PC with MyDrive Connect installed and running, then pressing the on/off button until it restart and the white text shows, then press three times very quick so that the recovery process start.

https://youtu.be/SKOo8izV03M

Hopefully this help, otherwise Tomtom support might need to take over ...

Fingers crossed,

Anders

• eatonjbeatonjb Posts: 22 [Master Traveler]
    humm, i will try this later this week.

i would like to avoid having to re-set everything from scratch, but i will try.