Difficulty resetting TomTom Sports watch model 8R500 — TomTom Community

Difficulty resetting TomTom Sports watch model 8R500

Hattie21Hattie21 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
My TomTom watch is prompting me to reset. I follow the prompts to reset the watch. The computer restores original settings and becomes momentarily connected with a brief display of a 'green tick' icon. Following this the reset image is displayed again. Any ideas on how to reset my watch would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,597 Moderator
    Hi Hattie21,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you still facing the same issue? I would advise you to make a factory reset on your watch using the recovery mode, see the steps in the link here: Resetting your watch (Last one in this public FAQ)

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard
  • Hattie21Hattie21 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Lampard,
    Thanks for your suggestion. I tried to complete a factory reset but am unable to find the SETTINGS button once in TomTom Sports connect. I have tried a different USB port, reconnecting the watch in the hub and checking that all of the pins on the hub are straight. I took a screen shot of the picture I get once I connect to TomTom connect. If I click reset it goes through the process as mentioned in my initial post then returns to this screen.
    Thanks86351be5-5524-4bc6-8dca-bcde8bfb7387.jpg
    Hi Hattie21,

What do you see on the watch screen? You need to force the watch into recovery mode and then make a factory reset by following the steps here.

If you do it right, you'll be able to see USB plug on a watch screen rather than a watch with a computer. Let us know!

Cheers, lampard
  • Hattie21Hattie21 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Lampard,
    Initially I see the 2 hands icon then once I connect the dock to the computer (while holding the down button ) I then see the computer and watch symbol. I am then prompted to reset but as before this doesn't work and goes back to reset once again
    Sorry still not working,
    Hattie
    Hi Hattie,

Sorry for my late reply! Please get in touch with our support and they'll be able to talk you through these instructions to identify what's actually wrong. You can click on 'Contact ' op[tion at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Cheers, lampard