My Start25 satnav is set to NOT to shut down when the ignition turns off. It still turns off

My Start25 (BQ series) satnav is set to NOT to shut down when the ignition turns off. It still turns off with ignition. What is worse is that the satnav refuses to then start up unless I use a long press on the power button, after which it has lost the route previously planned and has to re-establish the satellites. This is infuriating. How do I stop this problem.
Another, totaily separate problem is that I have turned off the sound but I cannot stop the irritating BOINGS indicating speed limit changes. How is total silence achieved.

Thank you Mike Pippard

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,521 Superuser
    @micipip

Are you using a USB port in your vehicle?
    As the USB ports in your vehicle provides only 0.5Amps and are for data transfer and not supplying power; whereas your device should have 1.2Amps to run AND charge the battery. With a vehicle USB port the reduced power means that the device tries to save it's power requirements by dimming the screen, reducing power to the SIM thus dropping traffic info, and, as you have found out, it then sleeps.
    Try plugging the original cable into the original cigarette lighter charger, does it then keep sleeping?

With reference to the speeding "boings" see page 37 of the manual http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/non-LIVE/refman/TomTom-EU-non-LIVE-RG-en-gb.pdf
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • micipipmicipip Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Niall
    Thank you for your reply.
    I am using the cigarette lighter with an adaptor rated at 1.5A. TomTom even switches off if I unplug the power cable BEFORE turning the engine off. It then goes into deep sleep and can only be reawakened by a long press on the power button with the resultant loss of route and satellite sighting.
    With regard to the unwanted "boings" - are you referring to "Reset factory settings" on page 37 ?
    I have contacted TomTom in the past about this and they recommended going into the safety alerts section to switch off specific alerts, which I have done with a degree of success. However I could not find an alert for my main problem which is for the residual "temporary" speed limits applying to motorway repairs. The most annoying alert is for 70mph which is repeated at intervals along what at one time was a repaired section.
    Regards Mike
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,521 Superuser
    @micipip

I was referring to
    undefineduote=manual]
    [h3]Safety settings[/h3]Tap this button to select the safety features you want to use on your device.

Unfortunately you can not selectively silence temporary speed limits

But can report the lack of temporary speed limits here and as they were temporary they should be on the next mapshare update for removal (@VikramK please confer)
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"