Missing Sync Activity — TomTom Community

Missing Sync Activity

rolandjyoungrolandjyoung Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hello

I have really annoying issues with my Tom Tom Spark watch - in attempting to sync using Blue tooth it appeared to have an issue, there was no error - but the Watched timed out during the sync.

So watch I now have ia watch which lists activities (because I can browse them on the watch), but I cannot get them to sync as it appears the App thinks they have synced, but they do not appear in app, I tried connecting my computer and again they do not sync.

So how do I get these activites off my watch, they are there but cannot appear to retired by the appp or app on my computer.

I ave read on forums to go into iTunes and save the tibin file to your mac but then what, nothing I will open them, placing them in the TomTom folder does not allow them to sync - so I fell these directions are for older versions of Tom Tom software

This is really important to me to get these off it was was once in life time run I did. and at this moment I feel Tom Tom with has let me down me down I can see the runs on my watch and look the data but cannot find any way to download them.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,620
    Superusers
    The watch history is just summary data, once it thinks it has synced successfully it deletes all the data and it is not recoverable. Look at the storage bar under About, is it empty? If so, the activities are gone. If you can find the ttbin file you can force an upload (if there is no ttbin it is lost). To force Sports to reupload an activity you need to do the following:

1. Exit Sports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).
    2. Locate the ttbin files (if they are not there the activity is lost and not recoverable - what is on the watch is just summary data, all the detail is gone). On a PC the ttbins are saved in a dated folder for the date of the activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom Sports\{Watch Name}. On Apple Devices, connect your device to the computer, open iTunes, select your device in the iTunes sidebar, select Sports on the Apps tab under File Sharing and the ttbin files are listed on the right-hand side. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer. In Android, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD in (/sdcard/TomTom_Sports/[serial number of watch]/workouts/uploaded/).
    3. Copy them to your computer
    4. Place the ttbin files in the serial number directory:
    Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom Sports\[serial number]
    Mac: [home dir]/TomTom Sports/[serial number]
    5. Restart Sports Connect and connect your watch
    6. Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • rolandjyoungrolandjyoung Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Nice idea, but this method does not work - i have seen this cut and pasted so many times on the forums

So this how I fixed this issue; when you connect your tom tom to your computer - open the tom tom app, then goto settings and rename you tom tom device.

Disconnect the device and reconnect, it will generate message something went wrong, but if you continue it creates a new folder in the tom tom sports folder with a device name, and it then synced all missing actives to this new folder.

Bingo fixed.