Delayed activity sync — TomTom Community

Delayed activity sync

magstemagste Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
I often find that recent runs (Spark 3) aren't synced to my phone until after a couple of hours have passed. If I sync my watch directly after the activity is complete it isn't picked up - even after trying multiple times. Only at a later sync, usually the next day, does it come through.

Can this be related to the fact I am in Australia, and TomTom's servers are in the US or UK, so they don't pick up what they see to be a run in the future, until their internal server time reaches my Australian run time?

I have my location time-zones in the app and online set to Australian WST (UTC+8), but this doesn't help. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,618
    Superusers
    Is the upload failing and you need to try again the next day or is it that it uploads fine but does not show up till later? If it is the latter, it could be that they do not move data from the local servers to the main servers that feed into MySports in real-time, but that would be a strange thing to do. It is more likely just that the sync function in the T watches is not particularly well deigned so it is the first case where it is constantly timing out and failing until eventually the stars align and it can upload it. There is nothing that can be done, sadly, particularly as TT Sports went out of business and ceased all production and development almost a year ago, so you are likely going to have to live with it.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • magstemagste Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    It syncs ok. There is no error, Sync goes through, QuickGPS updates ok, etc. It's just that the latest run doesn't go through if I sync within the first hours. If I don't try to sync until 5-6 hours after the run, the run comes through ok.