How does my fitness age is 20 when my actual age is 26 and vo2max is 46? — TomTom Community

How does my fitness age is 20 when my actual age is 26 and vo2max is 46?

chandan.guptachandan.gupta Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
How does my fitness age is 20 when my actual age is 26 and vo2max is 46.

According to the Firstbeat paper which TomTom cites to calculate Fitness age, 46 is an average Vo2 max for a 26 year old male.

I have improved my vo2max a lot over the last few months but this is the first time the fitness age has dropped below my actual age .
2a090ad1-4403-4d17-a4ed-8c12a90b6958.jpg

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,618
    Superusers
    Fitness age was a poorly deigned and poorly implemented feature and is totally meaningless. It picks a random value and sticks with it. I honestly don't feel you can make any judgments from what it is telling you in terms of fitness points or fitness age. It only uses runs or cycles to calculate points and it seems to be a random, capricious measure that ties to very little. It is based on whatever algorithm TT came up with, which is different than what Garmin uses or Strava uses, or anyone else. Ultimately, I don't expect a watch to be able to tell me how fit I am. Nothing will change on this as TT Sports is out of business and ceased all development almost a year ago.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.