Go Live 820 is finding no GPS — TomTom Community

Go Live 820 is finding no GPS

Hello,
I own a TomTom Go Live 820 for 5 years and it worked ok. Now it can't find no GPS anymore. I've tried everything: resetting the device to factory settings, drum roll reset without avail. The device is updated to the last software released. In computer under MyDrive Connect I have no GPS fix, no app that can help somehow. Is there something that I can do for this GPS to make it working again?
Regards

Comments

• GazibarevGazibarev Posts: 83 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    I'm not sure but I know that, the GPS receiver have a live... I mean after a few years non stop using he lost his sensitivity. Unfortunately if I'm right maybe you have to thing about new satnav
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,167 Superusers
    @PrinceMydas

Is the battery fully charged in the device?
  • PrinceMydasPrinceMydas Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Yes, it is was fully recharged when I tried. What I seen yesterday, when I was driving that from time to time was restarting and freezing also. I guess it is all connected with the same problem. Today I only tried to solve it at home and the entire day couldn't connect to any satellite.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,167 Superusers
    Is the device in an open area and in a stationary position in order to try to grab the satellite signal?
    I've tried from my balcony, from where it should grab the signal without problems. It was also stationary, but normally it must grab the signal from a moving car so I don't understand why it is necessary to be stationary.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    @PrinceMydas

Remember after each up date to do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
    Hi,
    Thank you for your advice. I've don't the drum roll soft reset. Today I went outside with the Gps and it manage to connect to Satellite, but after 5 minutes or so, it froze to the point that I had to reset it. I guess that is my real Problem with it, it's freezes or is restarting alone. I was thinking that it can't connect at all at Satellite. In my flat, it couldn't connect to Satellite, and also it's not freezing. I think is connected togheter. I have no Software Update, nothing in the software in computer.
    If someone heard, Seen something about this behaiviour and can give me some advice, it will be really appreciated.
    Cheers
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,084 Superusers
    Hi
    @PrinceMydas

Have you changed your car ??? has it got a Metallized Heat reflecting windscreen, this can kill the satellite signal dead
    Some Cheepo Web Cams have poor RF Shielding, the stray RF can also reduce the satellite signal
    Is the device set low down on the dashboard

ATB YFM
    I went on foot yesterday, it found the satellite signal and connected to one but after a couple of minutes the Navi froze, I had to reset it. It does that all the time. Or it freezes or it crashes after a couple of minutes. I have to update the status of my problem, because I seen that it is finding the GPS, but the real problem now is that is crashing or freezing. I forgot to mention, that it is happening only after connects to a satellite. In my flat never froze or crashed. I guess it is connected together somehow.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    @PrinceMydas

Sounds like you battery is beginning to give up the ghost, think about battery replacement ( $29.95 :) )

See this video
    [video]
    Thank you Niall, for your suggestions. I ton't think that is from the batery. Because it is freezing also, not only crashing. And it is happening the same when the GPS is connected in Auto to the power source. After is finding and connecting to the satellite, a couple of minutes later, it is beginning or to crash or to freeze.