New strap request — TomTom Community

New strap request

ngianngian Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
[h2]I have submitted a request for a new strap (DELxxxxx) on 27/09/2018 - reference number is 1809xx-xxxxxx. Tomtom informed me that it will take one to two weeks before the new strap reaches me. Today is 18/10 and I have no idea when I ll have my new strap. By the way, I bought the watch (SPARK3 - cardio - music) one year ago and the strap has already been broken at three (3)!! points. Is it normal ?? My son has a Garmin watch for more than 2 years and he has no problems with the strap.[/h2]

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,729
    Superusers
    It is normal for TT and is why they are no longer in the watch business. The straps are in short supply since they ceased all production and development almost a year ago so it may take awhile for the new one to arrive (assuming it does at all). Since TT no longer has phone support for the watches you need to chat or email with them for a status update (although are unlikely to be able to tell you when it will actually arrive).

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • ngianngian Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for your reply. Two more question please? (1) Do you know if can I buy a strap from an e-shop preferably in GREECE? (2) The TomTom Connect application will continue to be supported by TomTom ? Thanks in advance.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,729
    Superusers
    ngian wrote:
    Thank you for your reply. Two more question please? (1) Do you know if can I buy a strap from an e-shop preferably in GREECE? (2) The TomTom Connect application will continue to be supported by TomTom ? Thanks in advance.
    This is a user forum, not customer service and as a user I have no way of knowing where straps can be purchased. The Connect application should continue to be supported as is for the foreseeable future (without it the watches are dead).

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • SARAXISARAXI Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem: sending of replacement strap confirmed by email on November 23rd. Today is December 17th and it still hasn't arrived. TT have so far failed to answer when I ask them where it is. Straps are available in Spain at least in Decathlon for €20. If you don't want to waste your money since your broken strap is under guarantee and TT are obliged to provide you with a replacement, you can always stuff the watch in your bra (that's what I have to do!)