Spark 3 Version stuck at 1.3.255 after factory reset — TomTom Community

Spark 3 Version stuck at 1.3.255 after factory reset

swiftTRswiftTR Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
Per recommendation I reset my Spark 3 to resolve a activity sync issue. Not only does the "5 activities waiting to upload to TomTom Sports" still appear it looks like my Spark 3's firmware is now 1.3.255.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,626
    Superusers
    Please see Jurgen's response below.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,034
    Community Manager
    swiftTR wrote:
    Per recommendation I reset my Spark 3 to resolve a activity sync issue. Not only does the "5 activities waiting to upload to TomTom Sports" still appear it looks like my Spark 3's firmware is now 1.3.255.
    The pairing issue has been resolved but your account was still linked to the old build. You should now be offered 1.7.64.
  • swiftTRswiftTR Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Thank you Jurgen. My Spark 3 is now updated to 1.7.64.

However, I still have 5 activities waiting to upload to TomTom Sports. I do not have any files on the Spark 3. I deleted everything off the Spark 3 thinking it would get rid of the issue. It has not.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,626
    Superusers
    swiftTR wrote:
    Thank you Jurgen. My Spark 3 is now updated to 1.7.64.

However, I still have 5 activities waiting to upload to TomTom Sports. I do not have any files on the Spark 3. I deleted everything off the Spark 3 thinking it would get rid of the issue. It has not.
    Those files are on your computer, not your watch. Are all your activities already on MySports? If so , look for a folder with your watch's serial number nd see if there are any files other than deviceinfo.dat or preferences.dat in it. If there are 5 of them, they are likely the cause and can be deleted.
  • swiftTRswiftTR Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    There were 5 files in that directory but deleting them did not resolved the issue. However, it did point me in the right direction.

I deleted the 5 files.
    Then uninstalled the TomTom Sports Connect app.
    Deleted the /users/name/TomTom Sports directory
    Deleted the /users/name/appdata/local/TomTom directory
    Rebooted
    Reinstalled TomTom Sports Connect app

That seems to have resolved the issue. Kinda sledgehammer approach but I was getting tired of troubleshooting :)

Thanks again for the replies.
  • MasterivanMasterivan Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    After moving files without extension from C:\Users\Test\TomTom Sports\HC<SERIAL-NUMBER>\ to another place did not remove the message about "activities waiting to upload" but after a further restart of Windows then the message was gone.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0