Go Live 1535 Corrupt Map preventing access to download — TomTom Community

Go Live 1535 Corrupt Map preventing access to download

I turned on the unit (North America map) which has been working fine and immediately a screen appeared "Select your map" and it lists the only map on the device/unit. Selecting the map opens another screen "Problem with map ... You cannot use this map on this device" and an "OK? button appears in the bottom right corner. Touching the OK button only returns to the "Select you map" screen.

This "loop" has been trouble-shooted by two TT techs to discover why the device will NOT "Connect" to the MyDrive Connect (yes, most recent version). The second TT tech added a very small map to download to the device but the download times out before the second map is downloaded into the device memory. And yes, we do have a formatted microSD card installed into the device but again the download times out before the download completes the installation.

My question/remedy is to download a map onto the microSD card and insert the card in the device and MAYBE the "Select your map" screen will offer the corrupt map AND the second map on the microSD card? 1) Anyone think this might work? 2) How or where do I find a TT map that this 1535 will read and connect to MyDrive which will allow me to remove the corrupt map and install a new map?

Thank You in advance for your thoughts and input to help me remedy this situation.

debenllc

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    A map will only get placed on the card if MyDriveConnect doesn't see sufficient room on internal.

What is the size of the microsdhc card you have in the device? I'm not clear what 'times out' before the map gets downloaded.

You can try clearing the download folder in Settings-->Download tab-->Clear the folder.

THEN

Do a drum reset on the device by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds and then connecting to the computer with MyDriveConnect running.

See if a map is offered then.......
  • debenllcdebenllc Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    "What is the size of the microsdhc card you have in the device? 64gb

" I'm not clear what 'times out' before the map gets downloaded." The device connects to the My Connect immediately and then loses its connection after about 45-60 seconds when a map is not loaded on the device. My thinking is another map on the microSD card would allow a map to be chosen from the "Select you map" screen before the MyConnect on the computer disconnects from the device.

"You can try clearing the download folder in Settings-->Download tab-->Clear the folder." Not sure where to find this on my computer.

"Do a drum reset on the device by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds and then connecting to the computer with MyDriveConnect running." If I got $1 for each time I have done this I'd be half way to the down payment of a new gps! LOL

Thank You!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,748 Moderator
    Hi debenllc,

Welcome to the Community!

I checked your device details and made changes in the backend to remove the GPSfix download which was blocking your map download. Please follow the steps below to apply these changes and the download will start automatically:
    • Empty the Downloads folder via the settings and click Save Settings.
    • Disconnect and reconnect the device
    • Even if the download or installation appears to stop or freeze, keep it connected for 4 hours, then check if the download has been completed.

Normally when the updates are in a pending state, there can be a connection issue and the internet keeps on dropping or an unstable internet connection.
    Hope it helps!

Regards, lampard
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,767
    Superuser
    @debenllc

A 64 GB memory card is too large!!
    The max your device can cope with is 32 GB but a Sandisk 16GB class 10 SDHC is optimal, see my guide https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-800-1000-2000-series-via-series-start-20-and-60-series-mydrive-19/formatting-a-micro-sdhc-card-990256
    Thank you, lampard
    Completed bullets 1-3 and about two minutes into the download (which says 100% and an arrow pointing to the circle the download page is replaced by a page titled:

"YOUR DEVICE IS NOT RESPONDING"
    How to solve this:
    Disconnect and then reconnect your device directly to your computer.
    Make sure your device is switched on..."
    Are you saying to leave this page up for four hours???

Also, I SEE the following files in my computer windows browser:
    content31 ...FILE... 94,639KB
    content31.md5x...MF5XFile...1KB

If I copy these to the microSD card will this bypass the failing download?

BTW The "GPSfix download" still shows in the MyDrive Connect and I am NOT able to UNCHECK it.. Thank you!
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,767
    Superuser
    @debenllc
    debenllc wrote:
    ....If I copy these to the micro SD card will this bypass the failing download?...

Unfortunately not, as TomTom use a proprietary format, which is not not recognised by your operating system for copying purposes :(
    So, I removed the microSD hoping to purchase a smaller card, removed MyDrive software from my computer and wiped all TT cach from my computer.

I turn on the 1535 TT and it stuck in a loop, "Select your map" when selected opens another screen "Problem with map" Select "OK" and back to Select you map ... and nobody has ever had this issue?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    Call support:

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST