Add pictogram for new POI file — TomTom Community

Add pictogram for new POI file

I can not place the pictogram as a BMP file in mydrive like i do with een poi file with OV2 extension.

Is there a solution for.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,326
    Superusers
    Afraid not. Only the default tomtom provided icons are available.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,423
    Superusers
    Hi
    @klaasjissink

[h3]Displaying Personal POIs on the Driving View/Map[/h3]Be aware... You can't install the POI associated .BMP files
    You can only use the Tomtom supplied generic Icons
    But you can use one icon for for more than one POI category i.e... place all your fuel categories under one Icon, then if you tap on a nearby 'say' Fuel Icon a Quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot Icon for more options & more Information for that specific POI

[h3]Setup... After installing your Personal or 3rd party POIs....[/h3]Tap 4Dot (....Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Show POI lists on the Map
    It says a restart is required, but I've never found it to be necessary
    After choosing the Generic Icon.. Tap the coloured (^) Icon screen top right... Pinch zoom the Map, the Generic POI Icons all appear live and working
    Note... The Generic POI Icons disappear when the Map is highly zoomed out, and reappear as you zoom in again

See Update 17.1...https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-wi-fi-6200-5200-620-520-52-professional-via-53-482/new-software-17-1-available-now-1021781/index1.html#post1161180

ATB YFM
  • oldguoldgu Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Really miss proper icons for POI’s, think I might get a Garmin
    Superusers
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    @oldgu
    oldgu wrote: »
    Really miss proper icons for POI’s, think I might get a Ga*m*n
    Then instead you'll probably miss your destination ;)
    ATB YFM
  • rcpilotrcpilot Posts: 63 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi The tomtom via 135 beats the socks off all the latest tomtom's but alas support is no longer available, but you can asign your own icons to poi's, it's easy to use, tap on navigate to, it shows you a favorits screen tap on that it shows you all your saved destinations (which you can add to very easily) tap on any one, in the settings you can show poi's along the route and it does with your own asigned icon, if by any chance you happen to find a very bad road (for caravans etc) ie Winnats pass in the peak district you can put a permanent block on it (your map only) so no matter what destination you choose if it so happens that it would normally route you through Winnats pass, with it blocked it will not route you through it be it to go or return form your destination. If tomtom redesigned the via 135 and kept all of the software but added a few things to it to update it and gave it a 6in screen I for one would buy it
  • rcpilotrcpilot Posts: 63 [Apprentice Traveler]
    PS you could buy a camper map for it but if support is no longer available then i do'nt know
    Superusers
    edited January 2020
    Hi
    @rcpilot

q49hdmbnekfl.jpgCheck your Serial Number only the 2GB Memory 'AQ' & 'AV' Models are Eol

ATB YFM