Heart rate Monitor for a Runner 3

Kimbo P
Kimbo P Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Just received a Tom Tom Runner 3 sports watch for my birthday and cant get the heart rate monitor to work.
Does this model require a strap please? It doesn't have the little panel with the chip that a pals has and he thinks I may need to buy a strap for it.
Can anyone confirm please?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Are there LEDs on the back and when you press down and go to About does it say "cardio" at the top? If so, is it set for internal under Sensor>Heart (it should say On, not External)? If it is not a Cardio model you will need to use an external strap to get HR.

I would take care with your decision considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (they are just selling out existing stock), and all development has stopped. If you are able, you may want to consider returning the device and going with another brand that is active in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.