Broken Runner 3 watch strap twice

SJB2018
SJB2018 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I live in Hermanus South Africa.

I purchased a Tom Tom Runner 3 watch for R4 999 FROM Cape Union Mart store in the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town last June 2017.

Model 4RF M
IC: 5767A-4RFM
Barcode: 0636 926 085 489

This year March 2018 the green/black strap broke. I went to the Cape Union Mart store in Hermanus at the Whale Coast Mall and they would not replace the strap. They wanted to send it to Tom Tom, but I had a 4 day hike the following weekend and decided to just purchase another strap for R400.

This morning, 10 October 2018, my second strap broke. I took it back to Cape Union Mart and now they tell me they don’t stock Tom Tom anymore.

I am furious with the poor quality of the strap of the watch. Please advise how I can obtain a new watch strap?

A frustrated runner with a 21km half marathon coming up this Saturday.

Thank you

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    The original strap is covered under warranty, which is one year in most places (so that is over) and the bands have a 6 month warranty (so that is over), so you may be out of luck You can try and use the self-service site in the link below or contact Customer support and see if they will take care of it anyway, but be aware TT left the wearables market and ceased all production and development almost a year ago so straps are hard to find. In any case you are not going to get a new one by Saturday, they take several weeks at a minimum to ship out.

To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat (there is no longer phone support available for watches). The best way to avoid damaging the strap is to not take the watch out of the strap when charging. It is designed so that the dock slips between the watch and the band which limits the amount of twisting. Also, when taking it on and off do not yank on the strap, pull it gently to the desired tightness then snap it in place, which puts less stress on rubber.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.