Rerouting due to accident does not take duration of accident into account

XimonnXimonn Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
Hi

Could TomTom traffic take the traffic incident impact level and expected duration of the impact into account when planning a route? Currently it seems to not do that, as per my experience written below:

This morning I left from Hilversum to Amsterdam, TomTom Go app told me to take the route over the A1, arrival at my destination at 9:45. I checked google maps and noticed that it was only 1 minute faster. So I switched back to TomTom and didnt follow the route, but my usual route following N201 and the A2. On the radio it was mentioned that there was a 20 min. delay on the A2 due to an accident. On the google maps over view page I noticed the traffic jam on the A2, but imagined that it was already being cleaned up. TomTom kept suggesting me to turn around and ETA was going up. On the google maps app route overview I noticed that the traffic jam was already starting to resolve slowly. I would still take some 10 minutes for me to get to the A2. When I entered the A2 the traffic jam was already gone. The TomTom app updated my ETA to 9:35. So by not following TomTom's fastest route advice I have saved 10 minutes travel time!

Kind regards,
Simon