TomTom Connect takes forever to update maps ( if at all ) — TomTom Community

TomTom Connect takes forever to update maps ( if at all )

Mr Chris PMr Chris P Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Map installation
Hello Internet,

I have spent the best part of a day trying to upload the US map onto my VIA 120. After initially saying I had enough room for the full map, and then stalling at 98% during the download, it's now telling me I only have room for part of the map. And it's still stalling.

Having tried to contact customer support, I was only able to email them, which they say they'll attend to within 2 days.

Any advice on how to completely clear the device and perform a working upload would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris.

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,881
    Superuser
    @Mr Chris P

Did you try this number:-

:flag_nl: Nederland (Holland)
    020 850 1022
    Maandag t/m vrijdag : 09:00 tot 17:30

They can clear the download queue and get you going
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    Just some thoughts, but not sure if they are relevant or not.

I had a problem downloading a map for my GO 6200, so I cancelled the download. This was followed by my device telling me I had no maps installed, so I simply went to the list of available maps and chose the UK & Ireland map as that's all I needed (and being much smaller than the whole of Europe, downloaded much faster). Not sure if this would work on your device as I'm not familiar with that specific model.

You may need a memory card as well, if the map you want is too large to fit on the device's internal memory.
  • dp4hiredp4hire Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited June 2019
    I have 200 mbps wired connection. Updating maps has taken 12 hours (so far) and it says I have 29 more hours to go. Every time I look at the update time, it goes UP. What do I do now?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,745
    Superuser
    Hi @dp4hire

What tomtom unit do you have and how many maps do you have on it normally . Also have you any extra memory added.

Doug