End of life devices — TomTom Community

End of life devices

Dear Tom Tom,
Thank you for your email informing that no further updates will be available for my device.
At no point when I bought my device did you suggest that it would become an obsolete piece of junk, incapable of being updated, while still being completely functional, electronically.
I feel you have deceived me by selling me a device that is now effectively useless, and if you think that I will be buying another Tom Tom device which will, doubtless, suffer the same fate in a few years, then you are sorely mistaken.
I am disgusted by the news that my device will no longer be supported by you, and there is absolutely no way I shall ever buy another Tom Tom device.

Disgusted,
Former Tom Tom user.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,960 Superusers
    Hi
    @Whitedog23

Tomtom EOL (End of Life)
    Tomtom have already stated that Lifetime Maps and any Existing Map Subscriptions will be honoured

See VikramK Post (TomTom Staff) Here....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-device-with-lifetime-maps-1032484/index1.html#post1207861

If you have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscriptions Call Tomtom Support...

When calling....
    Tomtom are monitoring Eol support by an Auto Response Phone System
    When prompted DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information... Wait for a live agent to respond

[h3]Phone Tomtom Support...[/h3]:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'