Runner 3 - battery life down to 2 hours when on a run — TomTom Community

Runner 3 - battery life down to 2 hours when on a run

rmacpheermacphee Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
wear it daily and keeps charge on normal mode
whenever I move to activity it loses from a full charge to zero in about 2 hours

Help?

Checked it has right software , not changed any settings. The only thing that has happened is tomtom doing a screen replacement on it

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,630
    Superusers
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates, even though 1.7.64 was supposed to fix it. The first thing to try is a factory reset. if that does not help, go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version to 1.3.255 which may fix it.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • rmacpheermacphee Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    reset to factory settings tonight - will set it to next big run to see if it holds charge
  • EdubabbleEdubabble Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    I've had similar issues since an "update". This morning my watch (Spark 3 cardio) has been off charge for ONE HOUR and the battery shows nearly a quarter down already, with NO activity used. It's been in my bag for the journey to work. The tracker is Off etc to try to preserve what life it has these days, but it dies completely after a couple of days of no activity. If used for a run you have to take it off charge immediately before going out and charge it immediately afterward. You cannot use it as a watch now, only for sporting activities (if they're short ones that is).
    Really very disappointed with Tomtom for this, and I cannot see anywhere that they're working on a proper fix for the issue. I've been looking at alternatives and would not at the moment recommend Tomtom as a reliable brand I'm sorry to say.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,630
    Superusers
    Edubabble wrote:
    I've had similar issues since an "update". This morning my watch (Spark 3 cardio) has been off charge for ONE HOUR and the battery shows nearly a quarter down already, with NO activity used. It's been in my bag for the journey to work. The tracker is Off etc to try to preserve what life it has these days, but it dies completely after a couple of days of no activity. If used for a run you have to take it off charge immediately before going out and charge it immediately afterward. You cannot use it as a watch now, only for sporting activities (if they're short ones that is).
    Really very disappointed with Tomtom for this, and I cannot see anywhere that they're working on a proper fix for the issue. I've been looking at alternatives and would not at the moment recommend Tomtom as a reliable brand I'm sorry to say.
    I answered this in your other post, but TT left the market and ceased all production and development (they are just selling off old stock) so your recommendation is a moot point. They laid off the entire sports division so there is no one to fix it. At this point they are legacy devices and are what they are. Try a factory reset and if that does not work, try a rollback.
  • rmacpheermacphee Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    did a factory reset and appears to have prolonged the life of it

lost all my history from on the phone but hey ho