Battery on TomTom watch not charging

nick199
nick199 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
What is the latest solution for tomtom watches not charging? Mine is about 3 years old and battery shows as full after 30 seconds charging in cradle attached to a USB port but watch turns itself off 30 seconds after disconnecting the charging cable.

Thanks for any help offered.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    There is no solution, the issue you are experiencing is not related to the battery issues caused by the updates. You likely either have a depleted battery or a bad charging unit in the watch. In either case being out of warranty means there is nothing you can do about it other than try a factory reset and hope for the best.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • nick199
    nick199 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks...have already previously tried factory reset...what I am not understanding is why the watch partly charges (up to about 70% of way round) but then gives up the ghost...
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    nick199 wrote:
    Thanks...have already previously tried factory reset...what I am not understanding is why the watch partly charges (up to about 70% of way round) but then gives up the ghost...
    It can no longer accurately sense the battery charge, either due to the battery itself or the charging mechanism, so this is likely inaccurate. I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.