Speed cameras bugged in newest update!!!! — TomTom Community

Speed cameras bugged in newest update!!!!

Davie 1960Davie 1960 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 31 in Speed Cameras
Hi
I have over the last week purchased a 6200 WiFi device. From the outset I had issues connecting iPhone for data but have been advised by TomTom that the unit is stand alone so connection not required.
I travel regularly between Stirling and Inverness, the device warns of average speed cameras for around the first 24 miles to Perth then fails to warn of the ones covering the next 100 miles.
The device shows roadworks etc but only warned of average cameras for a short time when the live traffic signal was lost.
Any suggestions gratefully received. Device is up to date and has been reset a number of times and as far as I am aware warning settings are correct.
Thanks
D

Comments

• taureantaurean Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I too have the same problem after map update. tried drum role restart and also factory reset, neither cure the problem.
    sometimes restarting will show a speed camera on a short route OK but if I then enter a long route of say 200 miles it will only show a few or none, if I then enter the short route again the speed camera which was shown before will have disappeared.
  • MrMMrM Posts: 148 [Exalted Navigator]
    I have the same with my Go Mobile app Android. Indeed after the map-update.
    I thought it had something to do being connected to the internet (TT server), but it is and should not.
  • nathanhullnathanhull Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    My second TomTom Go6200 stopped showing camera locations a couple of weeks ago - I believe just after a firmware update. I'm hoping another flaky firmware update will fix it (but break something else).

This is my second Go6200 because I smashed up the first one in frustration as the software is flaky at best, the WIFI would only work once before the unit required a reset. The software is full of bugs, I really don't think the software team test any of it before releasing it!

For a top of the range SATNAV, I really love pressing a butoon on the device and nothing happening for 20 seconds - really? This is 2018!
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 492 [Exalted Navigator]
    nathanhull wrote:
    My second TomTom Go6200 stopped showing camera locations a couple of weeks ago - I believe just after a firmware update. I'm hoping another flaky firmware update will fix it (but break something else).

This is my second Go6200 because I smashed up the first one in frustration as the software is flaky at best, the WIFI would only work once before the unit required a reset. The software is full of bugs, I really don't think the software team test any of it before releasing it!

For a top of the range SATNAV, I really love pressing a butoon on the device and nothing happening for 20 seconds - really? This is 2018!
    I feel your pain. I was getting very frustrated with the sluggish response of my GO6200 this afternoon. It always seems to happen when I'm in a hurry. Compared with the snappy response of my previous Garmin, this really is a big disappointment, as is some of the route planning in rural areas.
  • cdlftwcdlftw Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi all,

I noticed the same issue yesterday, halfway down the M6! Phoned TomTom Support and apparently they are aware of the issue and hope to get a fix out today. Of course, it would be nice if they could acknowledge this thread...

Regards,
    Craig.

855c5a6d-dc98-4926-8dc8-0bd3610e8d7f.png
  • FetusFetus Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    As I can see here I'm not the only one. Go 510 and no visible speed cameras nor warnings.
    Guess it's not possible to dowgrade???
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,399 Superuser
    Hi @Fetus

Since yesterday in the early evening, a new Speed Cameras file is available for download.
    Update your device with MyDrive Connect to install it.

Everything is in order for me, my Speed Camera alerts are working normally again.

See here

Regards.
  • Nielsen1234Nielsen1234 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I done the soft reset and also the hard reset on my tom tom go 6200. But most times the speed cameras do not appear all the settings are correct. Sometimes they are there but mostly they are not there it's got the latest update
    I connected my device today, and there was an speedcam update. No help.
    I have done soft reset and factory reset already.
    TomTom connect shows my device up to date.
    I also reinstalled speecameras. Still not working.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,062 Superusers
    Hi

[h3]Speed cams displayed and working OK here... A449 Worcester[/h3]
    f14a22d1-7943-453d-9398-01981b1ccf93.jpg
    8a6c52ff-e7c0-4673-a896-3c6e52b5fd26.jpg
    ATB YFM
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,399 Superuser
    @Fetus

Have you checked if your audible alerts are enabled correctly? Warning sounds are disabled by default after a Factory Reset.

In your device ==> Settings / Sounds & Warnings / Warning Type / choose "Read aloud" or "Sounds"

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/new_GO/html/en-gb/index.htm#Warningtype.htm

Check if your Speed camera warnings are enabled:
    In your device ==> Settings / Sounds & Warnings / Switch on Speed camera warnings and the rest of the list.

Otherwise contact the official support for more help, for UK:
    :flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Regards.
    Hi
    @Fetus

Check...
    37520a1e-18ae-4195-bca9-81ed0aa013ca.jpg

For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings
    Use a Computer voice...
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red light Camera'
    'Spoken Traffic delays'

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera
    Even more info if in the 'Setting menus' you setup a Wide Traffic/Route Bar

93197384-69ec-4f9d-b7ae-f68a6f82ffae.jpg
    ATB YFM
    My sound and warning settings are ok.
    I noticed when I updated cameras, they are visible in the wide route bar, but after a while they disappear from the bar. So there is no visible or audible warnings at all.
    Hi
    @Fetus

How much Free Space is on your GO 510 ??? 400MB is considered the bare minimum
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) Settings --> System --> About.... Free Space

ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    @Fetus

How much Free Space is on your GO 510 ??? 400MB is considered the bare minimum
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) Settings --> System --> About.... Free Space

ATB YFM
    213MB but previous versions have been working well and size of maps havent increased so much from previous version.
    I think if theres some kind of memory restiction, installer should ask if I want to
    install this update on sd card instead.
    Hi
    @Fetus

The Micro SDHC Card is only for Maps (Formatted using a Propriety Tomtom Format)
    OR
    For transferring a planned Route to the device (Formatted using Microsoft's FAT32 Format)

All other updates are installed onto the Devices Onboard Main Memory

If you not already using a Micro SDHC Card... Try a branded 16GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Card and install your Map on to your Memory Card, If you shop-around you can find them for for around £5.00

ATB YFM
    Hi
    @DzejmsBont

Have you checked your Speed Cam Setting ???
    For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings
    Use a Computer voice...
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red light Camera'
    'Spoken Traffic delays'

ATB YFM
  • DzejmsBontDzejmsBont Posts: 22 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes i try this 10x.. Hard reset, then reset tomtom, nothing, in update with WiFi ON nothing to.. 0 update speed cameras
  • DWSDWS Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Although traffic and camera subscriptions are reported as active neither are working as apparently there are no traffic jams in the uk and all the cameras got removed overnight.
    Also why are the Tom Tom helpline phones not working today?
  • DamageMeDamageMe Posts: 41 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I have the same problem with 6250 don t see speed cameras :(
    We need to wait for patch or for New update map eh
  • DamageMeDamageMe Posts: 41 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Yesterday i have receive a patch for cameras I installed but the same problem...don't show me all the radars only 1 ...2...they are not so precise....it's the first week when I bought this gps...I move from Garmin....I didn t know about this issue only when I know that radar camera for 3 years is in that place and Tom Tom don't show me....it's frustrated
  • D-StreamD-Stream Posts: 138 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I had this since the update NO cameras at all showing.

Called tom tom and they advised me reset and check settings etc. Sign into the cloud etc.

Made diddly squat difference tbf like none. Still no cameras. Doesn't even show mobile its empty of them.

Rang again and wouldn't take NO for an answer so a tech set it so when my tom tom connected to wifi it removed the previous update. Rebooted and when it connected to wifi it downloaded the new camera database update. It works perfect and since has updated the camera database twice and all fully working.

Without the wipe and reload by tom tom it saw nothing.

@VikramK

This needs feeding back because its NOT updating units after the failed camera database from last week. Its just not seeing any or makes any attempt to update it never appears in the updates section of the 6200. All the fixed cameras and mobile are gone. Your journey consists of none showing only the remove by tom tom and the reset brings them back.
    For me update system is not working, i have WiFi ON and still no updates for me tomtom, me latest update is one or two weeks ago eh..