Every other night I am getting a GPS update,,,happening for two months — TomTom Community

Every other night I am getting a GPS update,,,happening for two months

Yes I have had the same problems.

In September 2017, I bought a new TOM TOM VIA1515M in the States and I used in Paris in October 2017. I was not impressed with its performance. The device was slow in picking up the GPS signal, it directed me off the main highway, through a small section of a neighborhood, and right back onto the same highway. Also, while driving near the Louvre, it directed me to turn into a building, where only pedestrians could walk.

And for the past two months, it keeps telling me that I have a GPS update every other night. It never seems to stop updating.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,084 Superusers
    Hi
    @Fiatdrvr
    Fiatdrvr wrote:
    And for the past two months, it keeps telling me that I have a GPS update every other night. It never seems to stop updating.
    The QuickfixGPS file, its released daily or every other day... The satellite location Information in the file is valid for the next 7 days so you only need to update the file weekly
    The Live devices also automaticity update the GPS Quick fix file OTA (Over the Air) This satellite data is valid for the next 4 Days

ATB YFM