Phone takes over watch

ClaudioA
ClaudioA Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I'm in a long trip and I forgot my watch charger. Is there a way to use the tom-tom app on my cellphone to record trainings?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,939
    Superuser
    No, the phone app is only used to sync activities and view results, it canto record activities. And since you cannot import activities made by other programs or devices into MySports you re pretty much out of luck.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • ClaudioA
    ClaudioA Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    question answered. but what it would take for the mobile app to do it, at least to record distance, time?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,939
    Superuser
    ClaudioA wrote:
    question answered. but what it would take for the mobile app to do it, at least to record distance, time?
    It cannot do it, that is simply not what the mobile app does. Wishing for it to be so is not going to make it happen (and since TT left the industry last year and ceased all production and development it is never going to happen). Your only option is to record any activities on another device and when you get home and can use the watch create dummy activities that you can then edit to match the recorded activities. The dates will be wrong but you will have distance and time. That is your only option at this point.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.