SPEED CAMERA UPDATE- — TomTom Community

SPEED CAMERA UPDATE-

MIKEYPHIMIKEYPHI Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Speed Cameras
i LOST ALL SPEED CAMERA INFO FOLLOWING THE LATEST CAMERA UPDATE, ANYONE ELSE AFFECTED?

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,203 Moderator
    Hi Mike

Welcome to the community!

I would firstly advise that you do a soft reset(press and hold the on off button till you hear the drum sound), plan a route and test the device.

In case that does not help then please report this to the customer service.

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 684 [Revered Pioneer]
    Hi, @VikramK ,

According to @MIKEYPHI profile, he has a GO-5200!

I thought that the MDC (as mentioned in your links) couldn't be used to check what services he has on his device, as I thought it was ONLY actioned by WiFi????

If it is possible, I would be grateful if you could advise how it is done, please??

NB:- I have a GO-520 & have always found it frustrating that I can't check on anything that it has loaded - access to the MDC will be a significant advantage!!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,203 Moderator
    Oh yes.. sorry... did not check the device on that occasion..

I have edited my post as its not possible to remove speed cameras on the device if it updates over the WiFi..

Thanks
    Vikram
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 684 [Revered Pioneer]
    Hi, @VikramK ,

Many thanks for your rapid response!!

However, may I raise my concerns over the fact that the GO-520 (& the other "WiFi") devices) cannot use the MDC??

Even if general updating is via WiFi, the information obtained via the MDC is VERY USEFUL - particularly when ever there are "Issues"!!