Broken screen, TomTom please provide spare parts

mremco
mremco Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
As a longtime user of TomTom watches, i can say i'm pretty pleased with the product. But sadly a while back I cracked my screen. The LCD was still working fine, but over time water penetrated the watch resulting in a screen showing what resembles Morse code.

The watch is almost 2 year and heavily used so I do not expect any warranty and is was my own fault breaking it. As a knowledgeable engineer and experience in replacing all sorts of screens I set out to replace the screen myself, but to my astonishment there is no replacement screen available?

In this day of age where we can buy replacement part for practically everything, why not for TomTom watches??????

Please TomTom provide replacement parts, (not under warranty, I want to pay for it, etc, etc, etc)

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    They are not even producing watches any more since they left the market almost a year ago so they are certainly not producing spare parts. As it was they did not do their own manufacturing, they subcontracted it so they would not be producing parts anyway. None of the watch companies sell parts. Even Garmin who has their own production facilities will not sell you a new screen. Realistically it is time to move on and go to another brand that is still active in the market.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • mremco
    mremco Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    tfarabaugh you seem to be a TomTom employer?

If they are not in the wearable market anymore, do you think TomTom is willing to supply information about the used electronics? Like the pinout of the LCD connection, is the lcd based on a ILI9163 or ST7735, its seems to be SPI. Or a LCD product number of the base during development, the development was all in house location: De Ruijterkade 154, 1011 AC, Amsterdam, so TomTom has all the information.
    de4facfd-cf69-44d9-8a2d-5d7c2ae9ec21.png

surly there must be something that TomTom can do to support there (old) products?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    I am not an employee, this is a user forum, only the moderators are employees. Good luck getting TT to give you detailed proprietary technical information. Feel free to call Support and ask but they are not going to know what you are talking about. Again, it is probably time for a new watch from a different brand, but feel free to pursue it with TT.